Sign in to follow this  
mattys281

Any brick and cement guys want a side gig???

I’ve got a house up in the prescott area that needs some repair work done.  There’s some brick walls and flower beds that need fixing and the driveway needs some patching/prettying up. 

contractors in this area are booked waaaay out and they’re outta their dam minds on pricing, so if somebody does this type of work and wants to earn some side money I’ll be happy to pay them cash in hand.

Text (602)908-2931

thanks

Matt

Unfortunately I'm swamped and turn down 30% of offered jobs from people I know and 100% from those I don't. 

I don't know anyone that's not hammered and if you try and pass a job off on them they say no.

Bad time for folks looking for sidejobers.

I had 1 friend job I put off all spring and finally did it a couple weeks ago before it got hot, a back yard patio. When the neighbors saw the concrete truck I was mobbed and had to tell them I don't do backyard jobs, it was for a friend. Tough to see their disappointment... I'm 64 and this is my last year.

Kent

• Like 2

Yup,  It is the worst time I can remember to try and get a deal on anything construction related.  Side jobs are all but non-existent.  

Feast or famine.  At 74, I've seen this cycle before.  Gov't has poured trillions of $$ into the economy to defeat the effects of bad debt management and COVID.   Unless they plan on MUCH worse inflation than now, it will come to a halt and the cycle will turn.  To those who need a job done, if you can wait, be patient.  To those who have more work than they can use, save some for a rainy day,  The worm turns! Just one old man's viewpoint.  

• Like 7

Guys my generation are trying to retire, but small general contractors doing a few to 20 houses a year won't get a sniff from the big concrete outfits. Guys I've worked for, hunted with, played golf for 40 years... they beg you to keep going.

The no work years from 2008 to 2013 killed any retention of young guys getting in this work and most guys already in moved to something else.

There just isn't a pool of side jobbers out there.

Kent

I just got estimates from 3 small time guys... all were 6-8 months out. good luck.  you can probably take a masonry class at local Jr College in 3 months

• Like 2
  • Haha 1