Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

Credit card updates

anyone else here credit updated by the 25th. Son herd it from  social media and I've herd it from a couple reliable sources not sure anyone herd anything?.

3 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

anyone else here credit updated by the 25th. Son herd it from  social media and I've herd it from a couple reliable sources not sure anyone herd anything?.

Would find it hard to believe deadline would be a Friday because most likely they won't charge on a Saturday. I know point guard deadline is Thursday the 24th but I would think they would give a little more notice than 4 or 5 days for the card deadline. Hope you're right though.

They still haven’t entered all of my daughters hunt apps into her portal yet. So it’s still going to be a few more days.

3 hours ago, wish2hunt said:

They still haven’t entered all of my daughters hunt apps into her portal yet. So it’s still going to be a few more days.

Was she put in last day?

" I would think they would give a little more notice than 4 or 5 days for the card deadline."

That is very naïve.  Hasn't it been usually update by end of day Th and draw starts (not last time, of course) Friday?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

" I would think they would give a little more notice than 4 or 5 days for the card deadline."

That is very naïve.  Hasn't it been usually update by end of day Th and draw starts (not last time, of course) Friday?

Uhhhh.. . Except in years past the card update deadline was published in the regs and everyone knew what day they needed to have their cards updated by. This time around noone know when that date is. I suppose they could tell everyone on Thursday afternoon that they have 1 hour to get their cards updated for the draw the next day because that makes more sense.

Do they have to give people a final update deadline warning? They have in the past, but I don't think it is required. I would prefer they didn't and that people have to take accountability for their own credit card updates and issues. AZGFD, and the social media crowd, not reminding everyone every 30 seconds of deadlines only helps the draw odds of the responsible crowd.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, AZtroutman said:

That's a pretty dumb thing to say. If they aren't going to allow people to put in a secondary card or call them if their card is declined why shouldn't they have the give a reminder? I would bet the majority of people that have card issues aren't because they aren't "accountable" but rather because thieves are trying to steal their card info every second of every day. Then to say the reason to do it is to up your draw odds is even dumber. My hope would be that your card gets hacked 2 hours after the card update deadline and you don't draw because you aren't accountable for your actions and are irresponsible.

No it isnt, he has a point.

if your cards get hacked or what ever reason then update them right away and go to the G&F website and change them, Its kinda just like you would do on anything else. that you use CC cards for but for some reason "Its G&F'S responsibility to remind people"

if your card gets hacked 2 hours before then you'd better work fast  ;) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AZtroutman said:

That's a pretty dumb thing to say. If they aren't going to allow people to put in a secondary card or call them if their card is declined why shouldn't they have the give a reminder? I would bet the majority of people that have card issues aren't because they aren't "accountable" but rather because thieves are trying to steal their card info every second of every day. Then to say the reason to do it is to up your draw odds is even dumber. My hope would be that your card gets hacked 2 hours after the card update deadline and you don't draw because you aren't accountable for your actions and are irresponsible.

Man you insult everyone don't you. It was a question on what I herd, figured it was wrong, but thru it out there to see if anyone had any other info. But of course same trolls insulting everyone. Go the f away trout man if you can't have anything intelligent to say. Now I agree with rosislider, if your not smart enough to make sure your card is always current, then try again next year. Thanks for everyone input except for one.. Hope yours gets hacked.. Just my opinion on my post. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, AZtroutman said:

If my account "gets hacked 2 hours after the card update deadline", how would a reminder about the deadline be of any benefit to me?

• Like 3