Red Rabbit

Coconino NF to fully CLOSE Wednesday 6/23/2021

Crap, there is a new illness flying around. Close everything because we are all gonna die! Sound familiar? Closing things down does nothing. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Agreed, you can't fix 'stupid' and you'll never prevent lightning fires, but do you really think it does "nothing"???   

I hope that closing the forest will keep at least one or two idiots from maybe starting a fire.....

The idiot I had to report this past weekend with a campfire going all evening is why they close the forest during these times. He told the officials he thought it meant for locals only.....from Snottsdale of course.    

It’s called risk mitigation you can’t stop lightning but you can remove the idiot factor...  Well mostly that is.  Hopefully rain is coming soon

such a bummer all the way around

drought

all the fires 

closures

planning camping trip with the family in limbo- taking vacation then in limbo if we can even go... 

totally understand the need to close - have to protect it,  come on rain... 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ctafoya said:

Crap, there is a new illness flying around. Close everything because we are all gonna die! Sound familiar? Closing things down does nothing. 

3 hours ago, stanley said:

Agreed, you can't fix 'stupid' and you'll never prevent lightning fires, but do you really think it does "nothing"???   

I hope that closing the forest will keep at least one or two idiots from maybe starting a fire.....

3 hours ago, BOHNTR said:

The idiot I had to report this past weekend with a campfire going all evening is why they close the forest during these times. He told the officials he thought it meant for locals only.....from Snottsdale of course.    

It sounds like the same type of argument they are using for gun control. a few idiots screw it up for everyone.

with the exception of a few idiots like bohntr mentioned they shouldnt be allowed to close the forrest.

me myself I generally dont go up north or out in the higher deserts yote hunting during june and early july especially when its dry, I dont need a closure to tell me that however. vehicle cats start fires often when people park in grass's off the side and shoulders of the road.

• Like 2

Should have closed everything in may. 22 wildfires as of now only 8 are known to be lightning strikes. We need to protect what resources we have and reduce what the possibility of any other incident for the future. I’m not happy either but respect and recognize the danger to both community and ecology.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wnn135 said:

looks like Apache Sitgraves is closing now, as of thursday 6 am

Doesn’t show anything on their website about closing. I hope you’re right!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Delw said:

It sounds like the same type of argument they are using for gun control. a few idiots screw it up for everyone.

with the exception of a few idiots like bohntr mentioned they shouldnt be allowed to close the forrest.

me myself I generally dont go up north or out in the higher deserts yote hunting during june and early july especially when its dry, I dont need a closure to tell me that however. vehicle cats start fires often when people park in grass's off the side and shoulders of the road.

Ya, it's true with a lot of things, isn't it.  A few idiots screw it up for all.

I'll still not be convinced though, that closing the forest does "nothing", as was pointed out.  ;) 

4 hours ago, twistzz said:

It’s called risk mitigation you can’t stop lightning but you can remove the idiot factor...  Well mostly that is.  Hopefully rain is coming soon

When and if there is another fire there will be fewer people to be evacuated and clustering up the road, using up resources. But, missing out on a fishing trip, camping and hurt feelings seems to be the general topic for the me firsts.

Let's not forgo the conspiracy theorists lest they feel left out.

• Like 2