Red Rabbit

Coconino NF to fully CLOSE Wednesday 6/23/2021

9 minutes ago, stanley said:

Ya, it's true with a lot of things, isn't it.  A few idiots screw it up for all.

I'll still not be convinced though, that closing the forest does "nothing", as was pointed out.  ;) 

The ones who think that closing the forest does nothing, I believe there the same idiots we need to be protected from. There entitled to everything. I feel open the forest and shoot the people who start the fire in the face, no more lawyers and I'm sorry and fines Stupid people should breed, clean up the bean pool.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Hunting Fool said:

Thank you god.  Keep these flantlanders home and from burning up the forest.  

Why flatlanders, lots of dumm butts up here.  Closer it and thin it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Never mind its now officially closed..

thanks for posting, can you please elaborate what is closed? Willow or the entire Apache Sitgraves?  Maybe theywebsite is not updated.... thanks in advance  

Wife just read AS is officially closed, doesn't matter anyway with the Heber fire you can't get past colcord rd, so unless your a good lier your not getting thru. No fishing for me tomorrow I guess its time to head north to Alaska,

5 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Wife just read AS is officially closed, doesn't matter anyway with the Heber fire you can't get past colcord rd, so unless your a good lier your not getting thru. No fishing for me tomorrow I guess its time to head north to Alaska,

thanks again for the reply... 

https://www.facebook.com/apachesitgreavesnfs/

Sorry red man. Didn’t get to follow up.  A-S is closing and will be shut down thurs at 0600. I heard on a call with the FS that all forests will be closing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcshorthairs said:

Sorry red man. Didn’t get to follow up.  A-S is closing and will be shut down thurs at 0600. I heard on a call with the FS that all forests will be closing. 

Thanks for the reply, total bummer, but closing for a GOOD reason.  Need rain! please rain!  

• Like 1

I retired my tinfoil hat a while ago. I really don't think closing the forest is going to prevent fires as dry as it is. The same jack@$$ type people that started the telegraph fire don't play by the rules, nothing will stop that unless limpness tests are given for licenses to recreate. It just blows that everyone(and the forests) has to suffer due to a few irresponsible people. 

• Like 3

Whens your bear hunt, and don't get me wrong it sucks they have to close, but poor manage Kent and people who thinks there not included ruin it for all.

Hope you can still hutn. Early hunts this year may be a problem. Id say open the roads from Nov 15 thru apriln15 no fire danger just bone heads getting stuck in snow storms we no longer have.,

so the forrest are shut down. aside from lightning whats been the big cause of fires over the recent years.

a good percentage of the fires started right along the highways... Trailer Chains, people tossing cigarettes out the window, car fires, etc etc.

The closures isnt going to reduce fires that much. as you have people who have cabins in those areas still going to have lots of traffic on the roads with lots of potential. not to mention the resident crack heads and hippies who just dont care. and of coarse our very own road construction crews have caused fires.

dont get me wrong fires are the worse they take away everything you own, sometimes those you love and having some idiot cause it sucks even worse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AZLance said:

bear hunt is right now thru July 31st. took 5 years to draw this tag.

Dang , I am sorry. Tonto isn't closed yet

9 minutes ago, Delw said:

so the forrest are shut down. aside from lightning whats been the big cause of fires over the recent years.

a good percentage of the fires started right along the highways... Trailer Chains, people tossing cigarettes out the window, car fires, etc etc.

The closures isnt going to reduce fires that much. as you have people who have cabins in those areas still going to have lots of traffic on the roads with lots of potential. not to mention the resident crack heads and hippies who just dont care. and of coarse our very own road construction crews have caused fires.

dont get me wrong fires are the worse they take away everything you own, sometimes those you love and having some idiot cause it sucks even worse.

I know your a smart guy..   but there's been lots of fires caused by, camp fire, fireworks that are banned in the forest, no spark arrestors, many reasons that tie to people. Butt let it all burn mentality people have know , and its mine I can do what I want and ohwell if something happens. I don't get the IDGAF attitude's we have. Sorry some of this comes from the stupid questions that get asked about bone fire are assanine. Its all me me me. The new americans