We had a good rain on most of the Marley Ranch. We still need more. They have used this as an opportunity to recondition most of the water tanks. A couple now have water where they have been completely dry for 2 to 3 months or more. With the rain that is forecasted for next week we might get out of this ok. 

• Like 1

Hey all,

im in Wyoming and have watched Arizona’s weather daily. My boy and I both have 10 early archery tags and know the drought is bad and what it can do to this hunt. We’re doing rain dances from up here hoping for some good monsoon weather! Has 10 gotten any of the recent rains you have been seeing?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BBB said:

Hey all,

im in Wyoming and have watched Arizona’s weather daily. My boy and I both have 10 early archery tags and know the drought is bad and what it can do to this hunt. We’re doing rain dances from up here hoping for some good monsoon weather! Has 10 gotten any of the recent rains you have been seeing?

#pointguard

Thanks for the advice azlance, but I’m making this trip. I drew with far less pts than needed and not willing to give up the tag. I’m a realist but choose to be optimistic that we could have a fun hunt. Any time out there with my son and friends is a win!👍

• Like 8

Looks like the monsoon returns in a day or two

• Like 2

On 6/25/2021 at 11:56 AM, peckl1 said:

We had a good rain on most of the Marley Ranch. We still need more. They have used this as an opportunity to recondition most of the water tanks. A couple now have water where they have been completely dry for 2 to 3 months or more. With the rain that is forecasted for next week we might get out of this ok. 

If I may be so bold, do you work for/on the Marley Ranch? Is the ranch controlled by the Pima County NR now? I have a few other questions that I will PM you if you see this post.

Back on topic, I saw tanks with a lot of water and tall grass everywhere on the Marley Ranch today. Knocked down one dove, couldn't find it in the grass, so I put my gun away. If I continue dove hunting in these conditions I'll need to get a bird dog.

Arizonian I am retired. I am staying on the Marley for the foreseeable future. I have hunted on the ranch for more than 25 years and know the ranch manager very well. The Marley is a combination of private property, Arizona state trust land, and portions owned by Pima county. If you have ON X hunts app you can find all that info there.

I hope this helps. If you need more info I drive a silver

2005 Chevy crew cab 4X4 and live in a Milan travel trailer, Stop by and say hi! Bring beer.

• Like 1

Don't have a smart phone so no apps, ON X or otherwise.

I'd like to come out Sunday after church, probably would be there around noon. I'll be bringing red bud.

Bronze 03 F250 Superduty.

On edit, been most of the day w/o internet. Comcast screwed up somewhere and finally got us back on line 5:30.

13 hours ago, arizonian said:

Don't have a smart phone so no apps, ON X or otherwise.

I'd like to come out Sunday after church, probably would be there around noon. I'll be bringing red bud.

Bronze 03 F250 Superduty.

On edit, been most of the day w/o internet. Comcast screwed up somewhere and finally got us back on line 5:30.

Bill what is red bud?

7 minutes ago, 25-06 said:

Bill what is red bud?

Its slightly lighter than indigo