Couesnut

Mexico hesitation

Why the hesitation? 

I've been down to MX about 6 times now, all within the last 7 years. Last year was a little different because of the presidential inauguration, but everything went just as smooth as normal. 

The thing that most people don't realize is, for the most part if something happens to someone in MX, there is a reason. 

A couple of years ago the Mormon family was killed by the cartel and I had a hunter and his group back out of the hunt. That particular group of people have a history with the cartel. That's why it happened. We went down that year, as well as a lot of other hunters and had no issues. 

Just like here in the US anything can happen. Be smart...Travel during the day and in groups. Only stop at places that you absolutely have to. Don't drive like crazy people. Respect the locals.     

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, briant_az said:

Why the hesitation? 

I've been down to MX about 6 times now, all within the last 7 years. Last year was a little different because of the presidential inauguration, but everything went just as smooth as normal. 

The thing that most people don't realize is, for the most part if something happens to someone in MX, there is a reason. 

A couple of years ago the Mormon family was killed by the cartel and I had a hunter and his group back out of the hunt. That particular group of people have a history with the cartel. That's why it happened. We went down that year, as well as a lot of other hunters and had no issues. 

Just like here in the US anything can happen. Be smart...Travel during the day and in groups. Only stop at places that you absolutely have to. Don't drive like crazy people. Respect the locals.     

a member here had the cartel roll into his camp all kitted out last season, for some people that ruins the experience. 

I agree with briant.  There has to be a reason for them to do anything.  If they show up and ask for your money, guns and truck, just give it to them and you will survive.  Don’t give them a reason to harm you at the checkpoints that look like they’re checkpoints run by the military or police.

20 minutes ago, eddielasvegas said:

What can you hunt there that you cannot hunt here?

Eddie

Why bang 100lb hot girls when you can bang 180lb whales. Cuz it’s better.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Yeah.. robbed by the Federales on the road on the way back from Rocky Point.

Wasn't personal. They robbed everyone. But I'm 1776% sure I'm not going to get robbed in Mexico again. 

And it sucked- Loved the people. Was a long time ago, but it sticks with ya. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

a member here had the cartel roll into his camp all kitted out last season, for some people that ruins the experience. 

Well Don't get me wrong, if this happened to me I would probably never go back either.... 😂

I've heard plenty of these stories happening here in AZ also. 

I will say this MX is a different world. Every time I have gone down, there is always a new challenge. Nothing crazy, but their world works different than ours for sure. None of these things would stop me from going again though.

MX is not for everyone.

Once you've hunted in MX you'll understand what the obsession with going back is all about. To me it's more of an adventure than a normal hunt here in AZ. It's a step back in time being on a ranch in the middle of nowhere. And the food....can't beat it.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, briant_az said:

Well Don't get me wrong, if this happened to me I would probably never go back either.... 😂

I totally got what you’re saying I have the same thinking. But it is absolutely hotter down there now than it was years ago. The last 18 months in Sonora have been crazy with CJNG taking over. 

13 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Wasn't personal. They robbed everyone. But I'm 1776% sure I'm not going to get robbed in Mexico again. 

I got robbed by the cops in Cabo 2 years ago, but I got setup in a sting. 

Just now, Jazz said:

This just happened to my son who is a LEO two weeks ago.  Less than a mile in across the border and he gets stopped and told to pay the fine right now to the federally.  Sure put a sour taste in his mouth and said he probably never go back.  For you guys who think this is ok and just the way it is can have all you want of a county like that.  You will never see have to worry about me taking your spot on the beach.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I totally got what you’re saying I have the same thinking. But it is absolutely hotter down there now than it was years ago. The last 18 months in Sonora have been crazy with CJNG taking over. 

Our President is screwing our country. Open borders are making things worse. They need to get the border situation under control. With Harris in charge, I see nothing happening....ever.

I can't tell you that your wrong because I don't know. The people that our group talks to in MX says not much has changed this year.  

Lol You can’t tell me I’m wrong because I’m right. There’s an actual war happening down there. The fishing village we go to got hit 2-3 times, the guy we used to buy shrimp from had his place burned down and shot up 1 week after we were there. think it’s fascinating I like to read the narco blogs. Like you said, if you’re not part of it you don’t really have to worry but there’s always a chance 

there’s been banditos in Mexico forever, there was a chance of getting robbed in the 60s. There’s still a chance of getting robbed. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, briant_az said:

I will say this MX is a different world. Every time I have gone down, there is always a new challenge. Nothing crazy, but their world works different than ours for sure. None of these things would stop me from going again though.

MX is not for everyone.

Once you've hunted in MX you'll understand what the obsession with going back is all about. To me it's more of an adventure than a normal hunt here in AZ. It's a step back in time being on a ranch in the middle of nowhere. And the food....can't beat it.  

You have blinders on along with many others who go down there. 

You keep going you will have trouble.  I have been stopped by federales in the field multiple times, state police multiple times, cartel too many times. Cartel banishing automatic weapons and bags of weed. Police Helicopters buzzing and cessnas flying overhead. Bribing the military at the border...so so many other things that can and do go wrong. 

How's that for an experience you pay for.

For what? 110" buck? Seems like these days a 100" buck.

Not to mention being screwed out of $$$$.$$'s.

We only hear a small fraction of the problems as guides and ranchers  keep a lid on it.

Never going again!

• Like 1