Couesnut

Mexico hesitation

3 minutes ago, GreatWhiteBuffalo said:

You have blinders on along with many others who go down there. 

You keep going you will have trouble.  I have been stopped by federales in the field multiple times, state police multiple times, cartel too many times. Cartel banishing automatic weapons and bags of weed. Police Helicopters buzzing and cessnas flying overhead. Bribing the military at the border...so so many other things that can and do go wrong. 

How's that for an experience you pay for.

For what? 110" buck? Seems like these days a 100" buck.

Not to mention being screwed out of $$$$.$$'s.

We only hear a small fraction of the problems as guides and ranchers  keep a lid on it.

Never going again!

I was driving down McKellips Rd the other day and noticed a car driving the other way. I notice that there was someone hanging from the passenger door. That car was driving very fast and swerved and threw the guy off the car. I turned around to make sure he was okay. When I talked to the guy he said the driver had an AR15 and had it pointed at him. He was holding onto the barrel trying to keep him from shooting him. Guy was lucky to be alive...

Anyway my point is I have never seen anything like this in MX. The craziest things I have seen where all here in the states. shoot can happen anywhere

21 minutes ago, GreatWhiteBuffalo said:

You keep going you will have trouble.  I have been stopped by federales in the field multiple times, state police multiple times, cartel too many times. Cartel banishing automatic weapons and bags of weed. Police Helicopters buzzing and cessnas flying overhead. Bribing the military at the border...so so many other things that can and do go wrong. 

We only hear a small fraction of the problems as guides and ranchers  keep a lid on it.

Never going again!

Its really only for people with big balls. That’s why it’s good. Cuz the softies that ruin everything aren’t down there. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GreatWhiteBuffalo said:

Never going again!

Wow tells us about the buck in your avatar please.... or link the story if you have already 

2 minutes ago, briant_az said:

I was driving down McKellips Rd the other day and noticed a car driving the other way. I notice that there was someone hanging from the passenger door. That car was driving very fast and swerved and threw the guy off the car. I turned around to make sure he was okay. When I talked to the guy he said the driver had an AR15 and had it pointed at him. He was holding onto the barrel trying to keep him from shooting him. Guy was lucky to be alive...

Anyway my point is I have never seen anything like this in MX. The craziest things I have seen where all here in the states. shoot can happen anywhere

No doubt it happens in every country but in the field ? I would rather have the American justice system.

14 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Its really only for people with big balls. That’s why it’s good. Cuz the softies that ruin everything aren’t down there. 

Or with no wife and kids 

47 minutes ago, GreatWhiteBuffalo said:

Never going again!

At what point after all of those encounters did you FINALLY decide 'never again'????  😳

The the folks that travel to Mexico without any trouble consider yourself lucky, and may you continue to be lucky Brian. It’s not for me, I have lived in South America and just not my cup of tea. May the force be with you all that go down, I pray for you that you continue to be lucky. 

• Like 2

WOW... I was curios about opinions & experiences.  Pretty Diverse.

I've been traveling in Mex my entire life. Without any real problems. Just typ. Mex cluster fucks. But that's part of the adventure.

It does make me uncomfortable (at times) not speaking much Spanish.....Something I work on ,but regret.  Some kind of mental block ??

Mostly love the Country...Ranches, Coues Deer,  Beaches, Fishing, Quaint Towns, Hospitable people, etc, etc,

Still Going...

• Like 2

All I could think of as I read this thread.

"I must look a mess I must admit
But I have been travelling quite a bit
South of the Border
Where the law and order
Is kept by Federales who just grin
And tell you they just want to be your friend"

Eddie

been to MX a few times to hunt WT.   It is a very cool feeling to lock the gate behind you and have an area to yourself.    Getting to the location can be a bit interesting and I would suggest a bigger group that has someone that speaks the language.   I think being smart about your travels is a big part of your safety.   We typically don't stop once you check our guns into the country.   We don't leave the ranch......until we head home.    We travel earlier in the mornings...

We did glass up a caravan of cars (like 100+ cars) out in the middle of nowhere one Saturday afternoon.   Was told later that the cartel recently bought up a local ranch and they were having a "house warming" party with their closest 400 friends.......Kind of felt snubbed that we didn't get invited.   Oh well.    

• Like 1

I choose to never go down there again. When the State Dept recommends against it, a couple is kidnapped in Agua Prieta the same weekend I was there, and the Mormon Family was executed a few months later ... that is three strikes and I'm outta there.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Big Tub said:

I choose to never go down there again. When the State Dept recommends against it, a couple is kidnapped in Agua Prieta the same weekend I was there, and the Mormon Family was executed a few months later ... that is three strikes and I'm outta there.  

interesting logic considering Phoenix had the second most kidnapping cases of any city in the world. 

• Like 3

You may say I have been lucky or you can say I have been blessed. I have been taking and helping hunters and outfitters from both sides of the border for 25 years now and Ive never had any problems.

Every year, it neves fails, this topic comes up and yet here were are waiting for the time to go back and enjoy God's beautiful landscapes down there and great time and hunt with friends.

There are several do's and dont's just like anywhere else including here in the U. S.

I'm curious to know..the people that had a bad experience, where they on a hunting trip? and were they alone without the Outfitter or Ranch Owner?

• Like 4