Jazz

State Land Shutdown

I guess I'll just stay inside until October?

Closures to be Implemented on State Trust Land Friday | Prescott eNews

Due to extremely high fire danger, exceptional drought conditions, resource availability, and increased fire activity, the Department of Forestry and Fire Management and the Arizona State Land Department will implement closures to State Trust Land throughout Arizona. These closures are also in conjunction with our USFS partners.

As of 8am on June 25, 2021, closures will be implemented on state-owned and managed lands in all 15 counties. All state-owned and managed lands are closed to entry for recreational purposes, including hunting, camping, and off-road vehicle use. Target shooting and fireworks are prohibited year-round.

Sadly, you may be correct. 

If this closing the forests and state land thing down works maybe they should just put up signs along the border and post electronically that we are closed?  No legal or illegal crossings allowed.   

• Like 4

The government has learned that anything can be closed by their whim.  Everything is a pandemic now.  Public lands are NOT public anymore.

Hate to tell you this but they have been closing the forest for 25 years On and off during dry years. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Cant camp..

Depends. Tonto will allow camping at certain locations.

I thought, technically, a hunting license is considered written permission to be on STL.  

• Like 6

No Bartlett , Saguaro, Roosevelt, a coupleotheres. And Edge is correct there are a few camp grounds open..,

3 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

I thought, technically, a hunting license is considered written permission to be on STL.  

Correct, normally if you have a license you have access privileges. But if they have an agreement with forestry abide by there restriction, probably wrong. Table Mesa falls under that category, and know it was during and after a fire, not sure on restrictions.. Anyway go fishing

I'd say the amount of taxes I pay is may pass to get on my lands. 

• Like 2

Your tax's you pay have no bearing on az state trust lands, they are not public lands. Arizona is lucky the way they grant access to trust lands for hunting and fishing. In many states (including New Mexico) the state game and fish departments have to pay a fee yearly for access to that states trust land department for access for hunting and fishing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stillatmaxpoints said:

Your tax's you pay have no bearing on az state trust lands, they are not public lands. Arizona is lucky the way they grant access to trust lands for hunting and fishing. In many states (including New Mexico) the state game and fish departments have to pay a fee yearly for access to that states trust land department for access for hunting and fishing

https://land.az.gov/faqs