1. Archery - NO Compound Bows
  2. Muzzle - Flint only
  3. Rifle - 4x scope max
  4. No Spotting Scopes.
  5. No Radios 
  6. Get off your butt and walk.

Are you happy .

Things change and we need to adapt.

That's where it's going.  Give a inch take a mile.  Hey what's legal is legal.  But times are changing.  

We a know less tags is the solution,  not more restrictions and regulations.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Edge said:

Is allowed on rifle hunts

Only 😊

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, POJV said:

Let's go with this:

1. Archery - NO Compound Bows
  2. Muzzle - Flint only
  3. Rifle - 4x scope max
  4. No Spotting Scopes.
  5. No Radios 
  6. Get off your butt and walk.

Are you happy .

Things change and we need to adapt.

I think the point people are pointing out is - what's the point of having a specific hunt for muzzleloaders when they perform just like rifles?

I thought the hole idea for having hunts specific for muzzleloaders was because they weren't effective out to the range of a rifle. They challenge you to cut the distance to 100-200 yards (for most) vs being able to shoot a deer from 750 yards. It defeats the purpose if you ask me. Just make the hunt a rifle hunt and if you want to use your super long range muzzleloader on a rifle hunt, then more power to ya. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bigbuckclub said:

I think the point people are pointing out is - what's the point of having a specific hunt for muzzleloaders when they perform just like rifles?

I thought the hole idea for having hunts specific for muzzleloaders was because they weren't effective out to the range of a rifle. They challenge you to cut the distance to 100-200 yards (for most) vs being able to shoot a deer from 750 yards. It defeats the purpose if you ask me. Just make the hunt a rifle hunt and if you want to use your super long range muzzleloader on a rifle hunt, then more power to ya. 

Then where do you draw the line at for rifle hunts?  750 is a chip shot for some folks (not me of course)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vowell said:

Way cool rifle, and it’s just that. Should be allowed on the rifle hunts! 

It is allowed on a rifle hunt.

52 minutes ago, bigbuckclub said:

Should archery hunts be limited to 40 yard shots?  For some people, absolutely.  But equipment has changed, practiced archers are out there, and I hear of 100 yard shots.

Muzzleloaders have changed.  A 600 yard ML is quite common.  

Rifles have changed.  1000+ shots are common.  

Rangefinders, optics, packs, vehicles, etc. have all upped the game.  Hard to draw the line.  Cams have already been outlawed.  No need to push MORE regs.  Self control is where we need to push ourselves.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

It is allowed on a rifle hunt.

Should only, but that’s my opinion. 😊 I get for someone who wants to kill a big animal during a limited entry or early hunt they have more options now. It’s not for me and I do think it is taking advantage of the muzzle loader season. It would be pretty rare to see someone using this on a rifle hunt. I like long range, there’s a time and place for it but in my opinion not on the muzzle loader hunts. 

Look at this bow!! It's actually not that great you should buy a PSE but it's a far cry from a stick and string!image.thumb.png.f16c6aced291669a153646ae0a83ad0b.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Should archery hunts be limited to 40 yard shots?  For some people, absolutely.  But equipment has changed, practiced archers are out there, and I hear of 100 yard shots.

Muzzleloaders have changed.  A 600 yard ML is quite common.  

Rifles have changed.  1000+ shots are common.  

Rangefinders, optics, packs, vehicles, etc. have all upped the game.  Hard to draw the line.  Cams have already been outlawed.  No need to push MORE regs.  Self control is where we need to push ourselves.  

I'm not arguing that technology has changed. What I'm asking is... what is the point of having a muzzleloader specific season? 

It was my understanding that muzzy hunts were designed/created for a hunt that you had to get closer to the animal than if you were hunting with a rifle. Do you disagree with that?

What's funny is that I am advocating for LESS regulation. Convert the muzzleloader hunts to an any weapon hunt. Sounds like you would be on board with that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, el diablo said:

Then where do you draw the line at for rifle hunts?  750 is a chip shot for some folks (not me of course)

I don't think you need to draw any line. 

• Like 2

Muzzleloader hunts should be limited IMO. Or make them just draw rifle tags and do away with the muzzy hunts. 

I think a reasonable limit for muzzleloader hunts should be no optics on the gun. 

This rifle in question is super cool, but it is just that a rifle, not a "muzzleloader". It is a caseless single shot high power rifle that happens to load from the muzzle. Might as well just turn muzzleloader hunts into single shot rifle hunts with technology like this. 

• Like 1

In the end, it's all academic and the pros and cons arguments for any weapon mean little.  If only X amount of animals can be harvested to maintain GnF objectives, it's simple math and just a matter of dividing up the hunts between the different methods. As technology progresses and hunter success rates improve, there has more regulation or fewer tags issued to balance out the equation.  

15 hours ago, Vowell said:

Only 😊

OMG love it. I prefer BP, would be a hoot.

As a means of conservation, just swap the current tag allotments for rifle to muzzy, and open sights or tubes. I think you'll find deer numbers way up.

Make the rifle tags harder to get.

• Like 1