Sign in to follow this  
602Huntr

18b

Lucky enough to draw a rifle tag in 18b... been scouting but area is huge and only seeing small bucks... I’m a competent glasser so not a road hunter.  But been trying to figure the roads out for now since it’s semi early... any help would be appreciated and I’ll share what I find as well... thanks 

My favorite unit! 

DM incoming. 

i had the tag in 2010 and killed an 80" buck on benm mesa i think is the name, north of baghdad. was up there last fall on the youth deer hunt and did not see 1 antelope, the numbers are way down from what they used to be, go look out on bozarth mesa there used to be alot out there but not sure anymore

• Like 2

Thanks for the info I appreciate it... I was out there yesterday and it was super dry with some burn in there.. didn’t go all the way to the ranch but it didn’t look promising... I’m a glasser and didn’t see much but mule deer ... 

I’m not sure I understand the first post, but if you aren’t a road hunter, you’ll wanna learn to be one.  Especially with scouting, getting out of the vehicle is the worst thing you can do when trying to locate an antelope buck.  Good luck with the tag.  I’m jealous. 

I’ll try that tactic out I appreciate it.  I usually drive to points then get out and glass. Or drive to areas and hike into points to get away from roads.  

I wanted to scout last weekend but I thought all the state and forest land was closed 

16 hours ago, 602Huntr said:

Thanks for the info I appreciate it... I was out there yesterday and it was super dry with some burn in there.. didn’t go all the way to the ranch but it didn’t look promising... I’m a glasser and didn’t see much but mule deer ... 

• Like 1