Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

unit 27 early archery

Hunt was amazing, 16 days in the wall tent. Crazy rut went off the first week or so. Big bulls , bears, bobcats, tons of deer, turkeys. Had so many encounters I can’t even keep them straight. Pull my arrows out at least 20 times and full draw 4 times. In the end I shot a good bull in the shoulder and spent 3 or 4 days looking for him. Pretty much ended the hunt with a broken heart. Got the whole thing on film     Don’t know what else to say, everything I could have asked for just missed the shot by a few inches. Never found the bull or arrow and am pretty sure he’s off running around somewhere. Tracked him off into some of the nastiest country I’ve ever been in. Stuff I would never even consider had we not been after him to get closure. Amazing weather and food. My wife stayed with me the entire trip. I forgot for like 3 days I even had a house or job. Mules got to graze on mountain grass every day. Learned a ton every day. Too bad it’s probably my last early tag. Time to beg to go on everyone else’s hunts. 12 years is a long wait. 

• Like 4

I too was wondering how it went. Thats a rough break man but the effort you put in trying to recover instead of go after other bulls says a lot.  Hopefully the draw gods give you another chance.   

Did you spend most your time on top or down lower?