CouesFanatic

Hits Started

On 7/4/2021 at 3:17 PM, Fez said:

Either a 11 yr old non-res drew a strip tag, or the AZGFD messed up his charges.   Anyone hear of non-res youth tags being over charged?  He has strip as first choice and a youth hunt 2nd.  He has a $300 charge.  

I believe they used to charge based on the drawn tag but my suspicion is that the draw software can’t distinguish youth prices when the application is mixed.  The below is from page 26 of the hunt regulations.

Discounted hunt permit-tag fees are for “Youth-Only” designated hunts. A youth must pay the higher fee unless applying only for “Youth-Only” hunts.

13 minutes ago, missedagain said:

I believe they used to charge based on the drawn tag but my suspicion is that the draw software can’t distinguish youth prices when the application is mixed.  The below is from page 26 of the hunt regulations.

Discounted hunt permit-tag fees are for “Youth-Only” designated hunts. A youth must pay the higher fee unless applying only for “Youth-Only” hunts.

I saw that😬😬.

I guess there is still hope that AZGFD would be charge them the right amount the first time.  Never mind, I doubt they would. 

26 minutes ago, Born2hunt said:

For what it’s worth I was charged an hour ago for youth deer tags. They’re still charging! 

How much was the charge?   Did you apply for a general hunt as well, or were they all youth hunts?  

I've seen guys posting pics of their charges for youth tags and they were $25. While you can never be 100% sure with azgfd, I would be 99.9% sure your son drew a strip tag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fez said:

I saw that😬😬.

I guess there is still hope that AZGFD would be charge them the right amount the first time.  Never mind, I doubt they would. 

That note in the regs is a vestige from when you applied by check.  It now applies only when you are sending in a check for a leftover tag.  They were supposed to charge you the lesser amount for the youth tag.

They made the same mistake on the elk draw.  My daughter and her friend looked to have pulled early rifle bull tags based on the $270 charge, but they actually drew youth tags.  I had to call and get a refund for the difference.

They did the same thing this time.  I also had a non-resident youth with zero points on a card that got charged $300.  There is no way that this kid drew the late Kaibab tag as a non resident with zero points.  What he did draw was the 36B youth tag, which should have been $25.  This happened to every single one of my friends who had their kid apply for a premium tag first and a youth tag second.   You'll need to call and ask for a refund once the dust settles. 

They promised me they would fix this before the fall draw.  They didn't.  When I called after the elk draw they said they had no plans to make an announcement and couldn't say for sure whether people would automatically receive refunds.  If they didn't refund, and then they allowed the same problem to happen again, then that is approaching the threshold for fraud.

Two of my kids drew youth tags and it was a $25 charge for each.

2 minutes ago, zslayer said:

Two of my kids drew youth tags and it was a $25 charge for each.

But did you have them apply for a general tag as first choice, or only youth tags?  That's the difference here.  If the kid applied for general tag first, they are charging them the general price, regardless of which one they drew.  They're not supposed to do that with an online application.

Nope!  I applied them for only a youth tag.   I do see what you’re saying though.

2 minutes ago, 1uglydude said:

But did you have them apply for a general tag as first choice, or only youth tags?  That's the difference here.  If the kid applied for general tag first, they are charging them the general price, regardless of which one they drew.  They're not supposed to do that with an online application.

I put one of my kids in for a youth tag 1st choice and a general 2nd and got hit for the $25.  Not sure how it would have turned out if the general hunt was in the #1 spot.  

5 minutes ago, Greenback said:

I put one of my kids in for a youth tag 1st choice and a general 2nd and got hit for the $25.  Not sure how it would have turned out if the general hunt was in the #1 spot.  

Interesting.  The troubling thing is there is a lot of us who have been doing youth applications in this order for many many draw cycles, but they never screwed it up until this past elk draw.  What did they do to the software, and why?

1 minute ago, 1uglydude said:

Interesting.  The troubling thing is there is a lot of us who have been doing youth applications in this order for many many draw cycles, but they never screwed it up until this past elk draw.  What did they do to the software, and why?

One would think it would be as easy as seeing which hunt was successful and applying the appropriate fee, but that software talk is above my paygrade...

2 minutes ago, 1uglydude said:

Just one of the many great new features of the attempt to tie everything to the portal. They also switched from a DOS system to a newer system and apparently f'ed everything up in the process.

Been checking to see if my nephew has been drawn for a youth tag. Both the portal and calling the g&f line for results show and say there is no application for him. I do have the receipt for submitting his app and the charge for the app fee.