CouesFanatic

Hits Started

1 minute ago, Tradman said:

Been checking to see if my nephew has been drawn for a youth tag. Both the portal and calling the g&f line for results show and say there is no application for him. I do have the receipt for submitting his app and the charge for the app fee. 

If there is no app showing up in the portal, then that means that he has more than one Customer/Sportsman ID.  They still don't have all of those accounts merged either.   I had to have them merge my nephew's before the draw deadline, even though we did the same thing for the elk draw.  They tried to say it was because I had purchased a new license for him without using the proper Customer ID number, and that this created a duplicate account, but I showed them that the license I had on file was the same one used in the elk draw and had the same Customer ID.   They keep blaming it on customer use, but even if it were the customers that were causing the problem, then it is only because you system is so broken that it allows the customer to screw up without realizing that he is doing so.

2 minutes ago, Tradman said:

Been checking to see if my nephew has been drawn for a youth tag. Both the portal and calling the g&f line for results show and say there is no application for him. I do have the receipt for submitting his app and the charge for the app fee. 

This happened to a friend last year.   When he couldn’t find his results he called and they had no record of him at all!!  No app,  no account, nothing!   He had his receipts and even his receipt from elk draw so they created him a new account and gave him his bonus points. Bad part is he applied for a coues tag that was 100% and nothing they could do but give him a point. 

It’s interesting AZGFD hasn’t or didn’t just swallow pride and copy what another state has done with their draw system. Doesn’t it make sense to find the best in the business and copy them? 

11 minutes ago, JVS said:

It’s interesting AZGFD hasn’t or didn’t just swallow pride and copy what another state has done with their draw system. Doesn’t it make sense to find the best in the business and copy them? 

Why spend money to better a service when you can f up everything and customers have no choice but to continue to use you for that service?

6 minutes ago, AZtroutman said:

Why spend money when you can f up everything and customers have no choice but to use you for your service?

And that is the biggest issue with big govt. status quo is absolutely fine, even if it’s a shizzle show. Why was the postal service so under water??? Because there are private alternatives. Private-run Mvd offices cropping up all over because the govt-run offices can’t get it right. You nailed it…but it seems at some level any govt organization would have the drive to want to be the best in the business and find ways to do it. None of us see the potential politics behind this either??? 

33 minutes ago, Born2hunt said:

My kids were only out in for youth tags and I was billed $25 a piece. Good luck sorting that out!

Not following you here.  If they only applied for youth tags, then $25 is exactly what you should have been charged.

• Like 2

So what I’m seeing is youth that applied for a general tag first choice were charged the general tag prices no mater what, even if they drew a 2nd choice youth tag.   And I did see that exactly happen with the elk draw to a buddies son.   He was pumped up and thought his son drew his 1st choice with 0 points which was a unit 10 early rifle bull tag.   He was later refunded the reminder of his youth cow tag cost which he actually drew.

So I was also charged correctly for my youth but I only put in for youth tags so it makes sense.

12 minutes ago, JVS said:

And that is the biggest issue with big govt. status quo is absolutely fine, even if it’s a shizzle show. Why was the postal service so under water??? Because there are private alternatives. Private-run Mvd offices cropping up all over because the govt-run offices can’t get it right. You nailed it…but it seems at some level any govt organization would have the drive to want to be the best in the business and find ways to do it. None of us see the potential politics behind this either??? 

You would think they would care but azgfd is a different beast compares to other states. Nevada and Utah use private companies to run their draw and it goes off without a hitch every year. Very easy to put in and check accounts. Maybe other states have more money or something but the az draw has become a joke. Would think someone would hold them accountable but once again when you're the government you have no accountability.

Just a thought, but with all of the 33 tag reductions, I bet hunts in southern units (like 36A) that normally have leftovers, won't have them anymore. It makes sense that some people would put hunts like the Nov 36A hunt as 3rd/4th/5th vs leaving them off of the app. I think the days of leftover rifle tags are going to be gone... maybe even this year. 

4 minutes ago, bigbuckclub said:

Just a thought, but with all of the 33 tag reductions, I bet hunts in southern units (like 36A) that normally have leftovers, won't have them anymore. It makes sense that some people would put hunts like the Nov 36A hunt as 3rd/4th/5th vs leaving them off of the app. I think the days of leftover rifle tags are going to be gone... maybe even this year. 

My wife and daughter put all  3 of the 36a oct-nov hunts for 3rd 4th and 5th and no charge

There have been some recent podcasts pimping 36A. I wonder how much that was a factor in the people not drawing their “guaranteed tag”

• Like 1

I bet Randy Newberg's crew drew

Just sayin'.

• Like 3