wish2hunt

Sheep charges

18 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Is sheep hunting even fun? Some of those hunts sound like a really boring coues hunt. Is it just the fact that it’s so hard to get a tag that makes it cool?

It is what you want to make out of it. Get some good people together and it is a hunt of a life time.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Is sheep hunting even fun? Some of those hunts sound like a really boring coues hunt. Is it just the fact that it’s so hard to get a tag that makes it cool?

No it sucks. You should never put in

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

No it sucks. You should never put in

I do it just cause everyone else does. Same with Buffalo. I didn’t even think I would like it, but it ended up being kind of ok.

DIY, I'm lucky the desert sheep tag was once-in-a-lifetime. I'm extremely thankful I was able to experience it but there is an unexplainable amount of stress, time and money involved to make it feel like I was "doing it right." That is all factored in to how special the hunt was for me and I have zero regrets.

Congrats to all the new tag holders. The best advice I received is start scouting now and just enjoy having the opportunity. Anyone can pm me if you want to chat lessons learned.

• Like 2

The stress of paying 3k-5k for the swaro ATX system is killing me. But I always needed a spotter. I guess that’s a good stress?  

7 hours ago, buglethemin said:

The stress of paying 3k-5k for the swaro ATX system is killing me. But I always needed a spotter. I guess that’s a good stress?  

You gotta have some kind of spotter. I invited dudes that already had them...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, buglethemin said:

I bought the stx 95mm in 2017 when I drew my sheep tag. I justified it to myself by not hiring a $8k-10k sheep guide.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Flatlander said:

I think its a blast. I have been fortunate to be able to go on a sheep hunt for myself and have helped on a hunt every yr since I drew my tag. Sheep hunting has taken me to parts of the state I would have never imagined going to. 

• Like 5

On 7/9/2021 at 2:49 PM, Whitetail Buck Deer said:

Drew my second choice 37A! I had the 2100 taken out but I still wasn’t sure how game and fish was gonna play it out if they had screw up and we’re gonna give tags back to maybe people who had the incorrect balance. Finally got to be 100% when I seen it this morning. I wasn’t expecting this tag for another 20/30 years. Ready to get behind some glass

Congrats on a awesome tag, some solid rams in there no doubt. I’m actually heading up to look at some sheep in there next week. Hope you have a great hunt. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bonecollector said:

I think its a blast. I have been fortunate to be able to go on a sheep hunt for myself and have helped on a hunt every yr since I drew my tag. Sheep hunting has taken me to parts of the state I would have never imagined going to. 

This sounds just like an elite elk hunt out of state.

• Confused 1