I got tied of holding out for the strip so I cashed in 10 points for 3a3c.. I'm lucky to have my in-laws in the heart of the unit so its easy to convince to wife to go scouting more!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rossislider said:

October or December? 

Good question, I did put the rut as my first choice but I doubt I'm that lucky... time will tell.

I'm in 3B still holding out for the strip with 14 points next year.  Supposedly it's a sure thing but I wont hold my breath.  Did quite a bit of riding in 3C along the rim road when it was open.  Always saw some deer and a crap load of horses.  Good luck hope you get one!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ashleyc said:

My dad had 10 points only put in the 3a/3c hunt.   Rut hunt and then regular hunt. He got one of them. 

I can just about guarantee he drew the October hunt. It is extremely unlikely he had what would have been max points for the December hunt, but he would be at max for the October hunt. As such he mathematically never likely had a chance at the December hunt (he never got to the random pass past the max point round). Can't say for certain since this was the first year for that hunt but with so few tags, I would have to image max points was at least mid teens. 

Great hunt either way. Congrats to him. 

• Like 4

I put my wife and girls in for the late hunt only.  One of them drew it or 31 late.  Should be fun with the in-laws that live in Taylor and will help with scouting, etc!

Jeff

• Like 1

My wife either drew that late 3a3c or 23 late hunt with 10 points.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, twistzz said:

I'm in 3B still holding out for the strip with 14 points next year.  Supposedly it's a sure thing but I wont hold my breath.  Did quite a bit of riding in 3C along the rim road when it was open.  Always saw some deer and a crap load of horses.  Good luck hope you get one!

I'll be riding horseback mid days. Every time I ride up there the deer are just chill till I hit the 100 yard mark. 

52 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

$1 bet it’s 23

I'd bet more than $1 since you were guaranteed 23 late with 9 points last year. 

39 minutes ago, rossislider said:

I'd bet more than $1 since you were guaranteed 23 late with 9 points last year. 

Don't count on it this year. I'm in for the 3a/3c late then 23 late with 11 and my card hasn't been charged yet. It's driving me crazy. I did get a youth charge for my son so I know its not a card issue. 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

25 minutes ago, CouesFanatic said:

Don't count on it this year. I'm in for the 3a/3c late then 23 late with 11 and my card wasn't charged yet. It's driving me crazy

Sounds very odd that it would creep that high, but could be. You double check your app? I assume you are an AZ resident? 

25 minutes ago, rossislider said:

Sounds very odd that it would creep that high, but could be. You double check your app? I assume you are an AZ resident? 

Yep, app is good, I'm a resident. I was hoping I would get a charge this morning, but it's over it seems. I'll be checking the draw stats when they come out. 

• Like 1