Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Water Pressure Tank and Pump

I just got done replacing my jack pump with a solar/110 pump in my well!

I have a 4500 gallon storage tank!

I am trying to replace my old pressure tank and pump!

Any recommendations?

I have seen a unit that looks like this and wondering if it might do the job?

presure.png.e2b9d59dd2ef0f95b6b5224d1eb70367.png

I run a flo tech 1hp shallow well pump with a flo tech I think 80 gallon pressure tank.  I run it at 60/40

• Like 1

They work really well. I would look into a Gould’s pump/psi tank, but I don’t know what your budget is. I use these in Rocky Point at our house.

Keep in mind the size of your psi/bladder tank, the smaller the tank the more the pump kicks on/off. These booster pumps work better with more continuous running rather than the constant on/off.

also, make sure your air psi in tank(empty) is 2 psi below your kick on psi. So if you are running a 30-50 psi, tank psi needs to be 28psi.

• Like 2

I would go with a separate pump and pressure tank.  Buy the largest pressure tank you can find/ afford and keep your pump from cycling on as often. ( like shooter said)

You can also run the pump with 2 pressure tanks if you use quite a bit of water. 

• Like 1

Yes. It senses a pressure drop and kicks on. Even with a pressure tank after just a couple minutes with your sprinklers running your booster pump would kick on and remain running until you shut your sprinklers off. In the end the Grundfos system would cycle more often but it's self priming and you don't need the pressure tank / bladder set up.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, singleshot said:

Yes. It senses a pressure drop and kicks on. Even with a pressure tank after just a couple minutes with your sprinklers running your booster pump would kick on and remain running until you shut your sprinklers off. In the end the Grundfos system would cycle more often but it's self priming and you don't need the pressure tank / bladder set up.  

Thanks for the heads up I kinda like the idea of no pressure tank!

On 7/8/2021 at 8:49 PM, singleshot said:

Kind of pricey but check out the Grundfos MQ3-45. No pressure tank required. Grundfos is well made, solid equipment.

This is the system we have in our house. It works very well.

• Like 1