Sign in to follow this  
1uglydude

H1000 trade

I have a pound of H1000 that I won't be using.  I want to trade it for 1k small rifle primers.  Not interested in selling it. Located in Gilbert. 

Gonna need at least 2 pounds to get this trade close to fair.   H1000 was available today for $35 a pound.  Primers are about 4× that and 4x harder to find.  Good luck. 👍

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, unit21savage said:

Gonna need at least 2 pounds to get this trade close to fair.   H1000 was available today for $35 a pound.  Primers are about 4× that and 4x harder to find.  Good luck. 👍

After hazmat and shipping its still 60ish dollars a pound.

Unless you found it local for that price.

But dont disagree primers are hard to find

50 minutes ago, unit21savage said:

And how many people were able to snag it from Natchez and MidSouth before it was gone?  If there is someone who needs H1000 more than they need 1k SRP, then by definition it is fair.  I don't don't particularly need either, so if no one wants to trade then I really don't care. I value all of my trades at retail price,  not fear hoarding prices. 

If you want want to crap on someone's classifieds post, maybe start with that guy from this morning who wants to sell you a loose 2 pounds from his new jug of RL16 for $90. 

• Like 4

I guarantee that as fall hunts get closer and someone has a need for this hard to acquire powder and have their Clinton, Obama,  prepandemic Biden stash of 30 dollar a K SRP primers that this powder for primer trade will make all the sense in the world too them. Some folks have seen this in the past and didnt want to be caught flat footed going forward. This trade will happen. 

1 hour ago, JLG said:

I guarantee that as fall hunts get closer and someone has a need for this hard to acquire powder and have their Clinton, Obama,  prepandemic Biden stash of 30 dollar a K SRP primers that this powder for primer trade will make all the sense in the world too them. Some folks have seen this in the past and didnt want to be caught flat footed going forward. This trade will happen. 

Nah...trading a $39 ($60, if you shop at Brunos) can of powder for a $37.99 box of primers is taking advantage of people...but flipping a $37.99 box of primers for $120 cash after you lucked into the box at Sportsmans the morning after your buddy told you the truck would be there is a totally different matter. You're not being a turd, because "if people want it bad enough, they will pay for it."

Sportsman's warehouse site...

Rem 7 1/2  srp 1.99 on sale limit 10,  4.03 regular price. So 20 bucks for 1000 or 40.30 regular price for a brick... most primers are on sale. Of course they don't have any in stock... but if they did...

H1000... 41.99 or 299.99... they don't have any.

Kent

• Like 1

4 hours ago, unit21savage said:

I've been looking for the post that put you in charge of the value of items for  trades between members, can't seem to find....

• Like 6

On 7/7/2021 at 7:34 PM, Couescrazy33 said:

After hazmat and shipping its still 60ish dollars a pound.

Unless you found it local for that price.

But dont disagree primers are hard to find

Right but where are you finding primers for $60? 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 9:07 PM, 1uglydude said:

Nah...trading a $39 ($60, if you shop at Brunos) can of powder for a $37.99 box of primers is taking advantage of people...but flipping a $37.99 box of primers for $120 cash after you lucked into the box at Sportsmans the morning after your buddy told you the truck would be there is a totally different matter. You're not being a turd, because "if people want it bad enough, they will pay for it."

I guess I'm the one guy still on the outs for where people are burying bricks of primers in the $30 to $40 range.   Where is everyone buying all these cheap primers that they're happy to trade for 1lb of powder.... I'll wait. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 12:08 AM, northAZarcher said:

I've been looking for the post that put you in charge of the value of items for  trades between members, can't seem to find....

I said what I said. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, unit21savage said:

Right but where are you finding primers for $60? 

Never disagreed with you primers are more expensive. Just saying h1000 is not 35 dollars a pound online after its all said and done.

Also there are places you can get primers still pretty cheap. Try looking at places other than retail stores.

Try looking at estate sales, older reloaders have tons of them.

For example, my dads neighbor passed away, he was sitting on 70-80k primers in various sizes in 5k cases. Those will be hitting the market in an estate sale in the near future since no one in the family wants them.

When i talked to his wife this week, she said she was going to be selling them for 50.00 per 1k.

He was also hoarding tons and tons of powder that she will be selling for 40.00 a pound.

Watching the estate sale websites, you be surprised what you can find.

54 minutes ago, unit21savage said:

I guess I'm the one guy still on the outs for where people are burying bricks of primers in the $30 to $40 range.   Where is everyone buying all these cheap primers that they're happy to trade for 1lb of powder.... I'll wait. 

Sportsmans has had some primers not long ago for that price, they go fast. I've never been able to get any. Online sportsman's primer pricing is less than 1lb of H1000 pricing. They may jack the primer price up when they get more inventory, everyone else has. But a few months ago midway/PV were about 45 bucks for primers and 40 for powder.

On one hand you say guys are buying H1000 for 35 bucks and on another primers are 4 times that... both not true and gross exaggeration.

In the last couple weeks I bought H1000, H4350 and primers from Midway/PV/hodgdon. Apples to apples if you order 1lb of H1000 it's 68.50 with all fees, 1 brick of primers would be 101ish. Last week Midway and PV had primers on multiple days, so they are more available than the last couple months.

There are plenty of primers out there that were bought at 30 to 50 bucks and a trade for a powder they can't get would be a fair deal.

Last month I sold 2 bricks of 209 primers for 50 bucks each here, and a couple days ago when the powder and primers showed up I sold them in a few hours except 1 brick of large pistol. I had zero need for any of it, only buy it to pass on to those that weren't able to get in on it before it was gone.

I've done a lot of trading of bullets, brass, powder and primers lately, organizing my components to better suit the guns and shooting I do now. If both parties feel the trade is fair then it is.

The disrespect of another member's classified ad with gross exaggeration and then someone else undercuts the OP in his own thread for the same trade... come on. 

Kent

• Like 3