firstcoueswas80

AZGFD paying youtubers?

The tags are sold! Every. Single. Year. Why are game and fish (we) paying for advertisement to sell tags? There is already a shortage.  Good ol boy system at its finest. And yes, we all ought to take note as to how many of these youtubers get tags year after year. My clan sure can’t anymore!

• Like 5

This isn't new news but still just as disgusting and upsetting to read again now as though I was seeing it for the first time.

It feels like a big slap-in-the-face to spend sportsmans dollars on YouTube personalities to then in turn stick it to the residents of the state by taking away numerous hunting opportunities. The writing is on the wall, I think we can all see that the day of leftover deer tags is coming to end, picking up a second javelina tag, not likely. I think a lot of that has to do with social media pimping out the state and now a portion of that accountability falls directly on the hands of the AZGFD.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AZtroutman said:

If they're paying them you also know they are making sure they draw good tags. Too many popular guys online drawing once in a lifetime tags several times over a short period. Anyone that thinks that everyone has a level playing field is blind.

What a load of crap...I'm a joe-nobody Non Resident from BF Wyoming and since 2001 I've drawn 4 rifle bull elk tags, 4 (likely 5 as my card was hit July 5th) late coues tags, javelina every time I've applied( 8-10 tags) and desert sheep. I don't have a youtube channel, facebook page, or anything else.

Find another conspiracy theory to carry on about...

• Haha 1

And, as previously said by someone…g&F will see their money tenfold??? I’m not seeing how game and fish gets any money back for paying youtubers? It’s tag and license sales, right? All tags are sold…Every year. OTC sales are the extra dollars. If we have to draw now for some archery units, we’re selling too many tags already. Now all the OTC tag holders will end up in no-draw units, overcrowding those areas. I think most of us understand the Tragedy of the commons!! We don’t need more recruitment for OTC tag sales! Go to Arkansas! I think the limit is 9 deer. Arizona isn’t a bottomless pit of deer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BuzzH said:

What a load of crap...I'm a joe-nobody Non Resident from BF Wyoming and since 2001 I've drawn 4 rifle bull elk tags, 4 (likely 5 as my card was hit July 5th) late coues tags, javelina every time I've applied( 8-10 tags) and desert sheep. I don't have a youtube channel, facebook page, or anything else.

Buzz Off!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, 520HUNT said:

Buzz Off!

Not until I draw one of your Rocky Mountain Bighorn tags (which I have 11 points for now), a few more rifle bull tags, a bunch of javelina, and another half dozen late coues tags...give or take.

Then I will (maybe).

1 hour ago, JVS said:

The tags are sold! Every. Single. Year. Why are game and fish (we) paying for advertisement to sell tags? There is already a shortage.  Good ol boy system at its finest. And yes, we all ought to take note as to how many of these youtubers get tags year after year. My clan sure can’t anymore!

Because they get $13-$15 for every application......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BuzzH said:

Lightyear, I personally know guys that have helped game and fish in criminal cases and got the tag of their choosing. So don't tell me they don't have the ability to throw a few tags to some YouTube famous douche bags to bring people to AZ to promote hunting. I know several guys that are no name every day guys that have had great luck like yourself when it comes to drawing tags. One guy I know has now drawn 4 early archery bull tags in a row in quality units. Congrats to you and them. That's the beauty of a lot of tags going in the random pass. But if you are too blind to see that they can give a tag to whoever they please I don't have any glasses that can help you.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BuzzH said:

This is Newberg's buddy who does forum PR for BHA, a group of communists who endorsed Biden's BLM pick, a past eco-terrorist....

• Like 7

You don't find it ironic Buzz, that your bud Randy, whose platform is public lands hunting and opportunity, just took money from a state he's not a resident of, and literally reduced public land hunt opportunity? 

• Like 6

Everybody’s got to make a living somehow. As long as their not sitting on there lazy fcking a$$ collecting unemployment while the rest of earn our money. Whether it be hunting, wrenching or picking up trash. To each there own. I’m alive,  breathing and living a really good life. I could really give two shits who gets paid off of YouTube. Oh did I mention I got drawn for elk, deer and turkey this year? Have a great weekend!!

8 hours ago, JVS said:

And, as previously said by someone…g&F will see their money tenfold??? I’m not seeing how game and fish gets any money back for paying youtubers? It’s tag and license sales, right? All tags are sold…Every year. OTC sales are the extra dollars. If we have to draw now for some archery units, we’re selling too many tags already. Now all the OTC tag holders will end up in no-draw units, overcrowding those areas. I think most of us understand the Tragedy of the commons!! We don’t need more recruitment for OTC tag sales! Go to Arkansas! I think the limit is 9 deer. Arizona isn’t a bottomless pit of deer.

They get money back exactly like you said License sales and the match money it generates. AZGFD can't function off of tag sales only, nothing makes the department happier than seeing record number of applicants every draw period in fact the ultimate goal would be to have every resident in the state purchase a hunting and fishing license.

5 hours ago, AZtroutman said:

Lightyear, I personally know guys that have helped game and fish in criminal cases and got the tag of their choosing. So don't tell me they don't have the ability to throw a few tags to some YouTube famous douche bags to bring people to AZ to promote hunting. I know several guys that are no name every day guys that have had great luck like yourself when it comes to drawing tags. One guy I know has now drawn 4 early archery bull tags in a row in quality units. Congrats to you and them. That's the beauty of a lot of tags going in the random pass. But if you are too blind to see that they can give a tag to whoever they please I don't have any glasses that can help you.

I call BS, show some physical proof of AZGFD giving tags to NR or guys that helped on criminal cases.