firstcoueswas80

AZGFD paying youtubers?

Miss the old days when a dude would go hunt and not have to have a camera in hand. This whole romanticizing hunting is played out. hunting media is saturated af. With that said 
Any recommendations on editing software. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ForkHorn said:

Ah yes.  The ol state tourism and shot show explanation. Lol tell me more about things that have absolutely nothing to do about the conversation at hand... Which is paying YouTubers to hunt in AZ to draw nonresidents which is now limiting hunt opportunities for residents.  

I mean a local drug dealer makes way less money - some would say a drop in the bucket compared to large drugs companies. So it must be okay.  

Talking in circles to justify...  

A state tourism fund does not pay for someone to hunt in AZ. Wait until PETA finds out about that...  State Tourism and selling licenses are completely unrelated. It doesn't even make sense. I mean shoot look at all the state tourism guys featured in his videos. (Sarcasm)

Try asking him if he has or had any personal connections in AZGFD before he got paid.

He says that state wildlife agencies have limited funds. Glad we spend them on making it harder for residents to have the opportunity to hunt.

It's the conserve protect program they started a few years ago. The marketing side of azgfd. Fully sponsored by the critter groups.  

2- freedom of information act requests would point out the anomalies.  One for whose on the payroll and the second one whose was drawn that was on the payroll. For example, let's say Mr Newberg's team drew x amount of tags since being on the payroll, than we could point out that anomaly. 

Ya’ll acting like you are on a first name basis with Newberg is hilarious. 

I agree that the fund exists. I'm saying that them trying to tell us it's state tourism and not directly funded by hunting license sales or groups is complete BS

2 minutes ago, ForkHorn said:

I agree that the fund exists. I'm saying that them trying to tell us it's state tourism and not directly funded by hunting license sales or groups is complete BS

It's not. It's a side hustled that they created. 

3 minutes ago, idgaf said:

It's not. It's a side hustled that they created. 

I think we are on the same page. It's not state tourism. If it's not funded by license sales it is by critter groups whose members are from AZ. I don't imagine the reaction would be good if those members discovered that.  My point is the lack of transparency and that we got a long winded smoke blowing response and justification that talked about state tourism.

If we got the response that "Hey yes we get paid but this is what the money does and how it's helped AZ wildlife, etc by boosting license sales".  It would be easy to have the discussion if the benefits are worth the unintended consequences of reducing resident hunt opportunities. 

That's not what happened though - we got the diversion salesman pitch to justify how it happened - which frankly is not true for the state of AZ

5 minutes ago, ForkHorn said:

I think we are on the same page. It's not state tourism. If it's not funded by license sales it is by critter groups whose members are from AZ. I don't imagine the reaction would be good if those members discovered that.  My point is the lack of transparency and that we got a long winded smoke blowing response and justification that talked about state tourism.

We are on the same page. I miss the  old days when g&f cared about the animals and hunters. And did the combination that was best for both. 

• Like 1

The fruits of their labors: fall draw

2019 numbers:162,700 applicants and 123,296 apps

2021 numbers: 191,182 applicants and 148,409 apps. 

30,000 more applicants in two years.

The irony of it all is that if the intention was hunter recruitment - by making it harder for a resident to draw a tag (or bowhunt in December) you're  actually limiting new hunters and making it a $$$ past time to get into if you expect them to travel out of state to go hunting. 

It's discouraging for a new hunter to have less opportunity or to have to explain to them you may have to travel out of state to get the same opportunity that was once afforded here.

So instead of creating new hunters we are only pulling from the same nationwide base of older hunters than can afford to travel around the country.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JSR said:

Ya’ll acting like you are on a first name basis with Newberg is hilarious. 

He does send me an email from time to time addressed to my first name... just sayin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KHunter said:

Now that is a bunch of hooey. Conspiracy theory absent a shred of credibility. A mighty big jump to assume the draw is rigged. Come on now.

How could you not think that 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zackcarp said:

He does send me an email from time to time addressed to my first name... just sayin.

🌈

big baller…shot caller

• Haha 1