firstcoueswas80

AZGFD paying youtubers?

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

The difference I see is the department gets way more bang for their buck from paying Randy than paying for billboards or thousands of bumper stickers.   I get it that people are mad now because tags might be harder to get. I've been hunting 36B since 1994 and seen some of the spots I hunt on YouTube and yeah it sucks that there aren't leftover permits anymore but I can't really blame the AZGFD for trying to promote hunting in the state and in the process generate more money.  I think if you look at just about all western states there has been a significant increase in the number of applicants compared to available tags and I don't believe it's all because of YouTube.

When does the chasing of Gold coins stop and hunting heritage take form.

I pose the question. Gf has had banner years for revenue. When is it enough?

When do they say.. we made enough off of the record number of app fees this year combined with the astounding non resident recruitment. 

Do we need to auction tags? Do we need the super raffle?

Eventually the revnue has to be that of in excessive amount.

Last question. Why are we paying for advertisement when ever tank is bone dry. Seems funds could be allocated better especially in dry years.

I'll see myself out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 654321 said:

The difference I see is the department gets way more bang for their buck from paying Randy than paying for billboards or thousands of bumper stickers.   I get it that people are mad now because tags might be harder to get. I've been hunting 36B since 1994 and seen some of the spots I hunt on YouTube and yeah it sucks that there aren't leftover permits anymore but I can't really blame the AZGFD for trying to promote hunting in the state and in the process generate more money.  I think if you look at just about all western states there has been a significant increase in the number of applicants compared to available tags and I don't believe it's all because of YouTube.

I can't understand how somebody could not  think paying out of state hunting cerliberties to come and Hunt our state is not wrong.  

• Like 1

I did not read all of this long thread but can I assume that you all are saying that the AZGFD is paying someone to use cameras to assist in the take of wildlife?  Is it fair chase to look at video's before going hunting?  LOL

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Shawn said:

I can't understand how somebody could not  think paying out of state hunting cerliberties to come and Hunt our state is not wrong.  

I'm not saying I like it.  I think Newberg has been hunting AZ for years way before he got so popular.  Not so many years ago AZGFD had whitetail tags and thousands of javelina tags go unsold in the southern units  even in the leftover pass. There's a reason why the AZGFD changed the bag limit on javelina.  From a biological standpoint and a financial standpoint these unsold tags aren't good news.  AZGFD starts thinking of ways to promote hunting in the state and in comes Randy Newberg.  I'm not saying he is solely responsible but he was certainly one of the first ones I seen promoting how awesome the hunting in AZ is.  He started promoting how there were all these leftover tags and how once they go to leftovers there is now no 10% cap on NR.  And the ball just started rolling from there.  My guess is the AZGFD seen in instant return on their investment. No Randy isn't getting special tags or any favors he's just a very smart dude that has figured out how to hunt all over the country and get somebody else to fit the bill and the AZGFD marketing team found the right guy at the right price to see a nice return on their investments.  Does it suck that there are no more leftovers and those hunts are now getting harder to get? Sure it does but you can't blame the AZGFD for trying to do something to turn the tide on all the unused tags that weren't being utilized.  

• Like 2

FWIW you can find Randy’s comments on this and an outline of the agreement he has with AZGFD (through an ad agency). He shoots it straight like it is. I don’t really care much at all about most of the things on that list. Out of state quail and rabbit hunters don’t bother me. But the promotion of OTC archery deer is a major pain point.

https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/otc-az-archery-units-closed.308034/

• Like 1

Arizona has been LONG known for OTC hunts- every publication from Huntin Fool to Field and Stream has publicized this for a long time.  

2020 and probably 2021 with CV-19 were strange years,  many people changed their life habits - no more soccer or flag / tackle football games for little Johnny, kids not in school.... many people not working in the office,  people had time to burn.

Not condoning G&F paying celebrities to hunt, but they always had a marketing budget- 

On 7/12/2021 at 6:20 PM, 654321 said:

I'm not saying I like it.  I think Newberg has been hunting AZ for years way before he got so popular.  Not so many years ago AZGFD had whitetail tags and thousands of javelina tags go unsold in the southern units  even in the leftover pass. There's a reason why the AZGFD changed the bag limit on javelina.  From a biological standpoint and a financial standpoint these unsold tags aren't good news.  AZGFD starts thinking of ways to promote hunting in the state and in comes Randy Newberg.  I'm not saying he is solely responsible but he was certainly one of the first ones I seen promoting how awesome the hunting in AZ is.  He started promoting how there were all these leftover tags and how once they go to leftovers there is now no 10% cap on NR.  And the ball just started rolling from there.  My guess is the AZGFD seen in instant return on their investment. No Randy isn't getting special tags or any favors he's just a very smart dude that has figured out how to hunt all over the country and get somebody else to fit the bill and the AZGFD marketing team found the right guy at the right price to see a nice return on their investments.  Does it suck that there are no more leftovers and those hunts are now getting harder to get? Sure it does but you can't blame the AZGFD for trying to do something to turn the tide on all the unused tags that weren't being utilized.  

This whole stance is a joke. Boohoo Unbought javelins tags? How many nonresident licenses are purchased annually just for the opportunity to not draw a tag?I would imagine this figure would be staggering. One nonresident license fee would fit the bill for a bulk of those javi tags.

Oh and point guard. That’s another little small fortune with zero overhead  with 100% return.

On 7/8/2021 at 12:58 PM, 654321 said:

Pretty sure Amanda who owns this site has gotten grants from the AZGFD to promote hunting for women, also be willing to bet that the critter groups that put on JR hunt camps also get grant money from AZGFD to promote hunting. Saying the state doesn't need to promote hunting is like saying the beer companies don't need to advertise for their beer products. The more license sells for AZGFD the more match money they get from the USFWS from PR & DJ money.

I can’t believe you would equate JR hunts and Amanda promoting women hunters as the same as paying celebrities and YouTubers. There is a major difference.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, huntlines said:

I can’t believe you would equate JR hunts and Amanda promoting women hunters as the same as paying celebrities and YouTubers. There is a major difference.

Pretty much organic growth vs  a nr money grab.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, elkaholic said:

Point..    there is a Georgia nr ebummin for whats the best place to hunt otc. .  Guess he's not into blogs yet.

Thats a joke...

3 hours ago, Flatlander said:

FWIW you can find Randy’s comments on this and an outline of the agreement he has with AZGFD (through an ad agency). He shoots it straight like it is. I don’t really care much at all about most of the things on that list. Out of state quail and rabbit hunters don’t bother me. But the promotion of OTC archery deer is a major pain point.

https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/otc-az-archery-units-closed.308034/

Thanks for that. 

Randy is exploiting for $ a public resource for large sums of money, as a NR, and reducing hunter opportunity at the same time. 

He's a fraud, and a wolf in sheep's clothing. Just like BHA. 

And AZGFD is complicit. And it sounds like it's coming to a state near you. Just like liberals. Beware. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1