Sign in to follow this  
SirRoyal

Field & Stream Article on Arizona Trail cam ban

7 hours ago, twigsnapper said:

How do you know the cameras are there to “aid in the take of wildlife”. Maybe they are simply a birdwatchers camera?  Or a high school students science project?  Or perhaps a rancher is doing research on wildlife usage?  I wouldn’t recommend vandalizing something that doesn’t belong to you.  

With 90% of trail cams placed at water being used to help aid, or take wildlife that leaves 10% that might be legally set. I just don’t see hunters leaving 9 illegally set cams alone because there’s a chance one cam might be used legally. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AZMONSTERBULL said:

With 90% of trail cams placed at water being used to help aid, or take wildlife that leaves 10% that might be legally set. I just don’t see hunters leaving 9 illegally set cams alone because there’s a chance one cam might be used legally. 

Hunters should report the concern to the Game and Fish and leave them alone.  Just like we would with any other wildlife violation.  Why are trail cameras any different?

image.png.df880ca422784de8090f0b2ef6cc130c.png TO REPORT  ILLEGAL GAME  CAMERAS!  That'll light them up!

• Like 2

On 7/13/2021 at 1:04 PM, twigsnapper said:

Hunters should report the concern to the Game and Fish and leave them alone.  Just like we would with any other wildlife violation.  Why are trail cameras any different?

Report, report, report.  And now instead of someone checking their camera while you are in your blind it will be AZGFD investigating reports of cameras....  Let the circus begin...

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 12:13 PM, AZMONSTERBULL said:

You keep saying “hunters” those are thief’s not hunters 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I guess come January 1st 2022 those hunters that continue to use cameras to locate big game will now need to be called “poachers” and not hunters.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Not mutually exclusive unfortunately. 

34 minutes ago, 654321 said:

I guess come January 1st 2022 those hunters that continue to use cameras to locate big game will now need to be called “poachers” and not hunters.

Now that IS mutually exclusive…

On 7/13/2021 at 10:30 AM, wetmule said:

If OP agrees with the ban of live view cams why would he not agree with the ban on passive cams. 

My understanding is the reason most folks oppose the live view cams is that you could be in the area and immediately know an animal is in another location “now” and go after it. As opposed to knowing that an animal was in the location at some other time when you check the cam. 

40 minutes ago, 654321 said:

If that’s what you want to call them. I don’t think cameras are immoral personally 

6 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

If that’s what you want to call them. I don’t think cameras are immoral personally 

Isn’t “poachers” the name used to reference those who break wildlife rules. 

Just now, 654321 said:

Isn’t “poachers” the name used to reference those who break wildlife rules. 

Right now cams are legal, in January they are illegal. Shooting deer with a spotlight at night was never legal that I’m aware of, hunting deer out of season was never legal. I’m not obligated to call anyone anything especially when those in charge are making ridiculous rules 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Right now cams are legal, in January they are illegal. Shooting deer with a spotlight at night was never legal that I’m aware of, hunting deer out of season was never legal. I’m not obligated to call anyone anything especially when those in charge are making ridiculous rules 

Rules are rules and just because we don’t agree with them doesn’t justify obeying them, so come January 1st anyone caught and found guilty of using trail cameras in my eyes will be called a Poacher 

1 minute ago, 654321 said:

Rules are rules and just because we don’t agree with them doesn’t justify obeying them

Yeah It does. I don’t rely on the government to tell me what’s right and what’s wrong. 

• Like 1

the only people who like this law are a few of the dyed in the wool guides on the strip who have a competitive advantage now without cams, and once a year warriors around the state who have a misconception of how cams work 

• Like 4