Sign in to follow this  
SirRoyal

Field & Stream Article on Arizona Trail cam ban

2 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

So no hunting Coyotes or rabbits or lions or bears or javelina or quail ?  No hunting camps helping others or your kids? If so well I guess your not a hunter then only in your mind. 

Does your reading comprehension need work?  Do you research before you comment?  If so, I guess you're not a viable advocate then, only in your own mind.

But, for those that don't research (even though I said "I have not hunted big game":  Yes, yes, no, no, no, yes.  Yes, yes.  Really no desire to hunt bears.  Lions are just a tag in my wallet in case I see one.  Javelina, no thanks.  Fun to hunt, but I hate the taste no matter how many different ways I have tried to cook them.  

• Like 3

Sir Royal why don't you man up and next year run cameras where you plan to hunt, if you get caught since you believe it is unenforceable use that little go fund me account you have going and hire a lawyer, if you beat it in court maybe that will set a precedent that others can use and maybe the rule will be removed.

On 7/12/2021 at 5:18 AM, JSR said:

regardless of your views on cameras, this should be disturbing to anyone who hunts. Non hunters making the rules for hunting.

One commissioner hasn’t hunted the state of Arizona in 9½ years. A second is a lifelong cattleman who doesn’t hunt, and a third is a cattleman who hunts turkeys occasionally.

What is disturbing is people supplying misinformation.  Life long cattleman Bill Brake is an avid hunter in AZ and elsewhere.  I know this to be true. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Sir Royal why don't you man up and next year run cameras where you plan to hunt, if you get caught since you believe it is unenforceable use that little go fund me account you have going and hire a lawyer, if you beat it in court maybe that will set a precedent that others can use and maybe the rule will be removed.

What a great idea! Hadn't thought of that! 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Does your reading comprehension need work?  Do you research before you comment?  If so, I guess you're not a viable advocate then, only in your own mind.

But, for those that don't research (even though I said "I have not hunted big game":  Yes, yes, no, no, no, yes.  Yes, yes.  Really no desire to hunt bears.  Lions are just a tag in my wallet in case I see one.  Javelina, no thanks.  Fun to hunt, but I hate the taste no matter how many different ways I have tried to cook them.  

I did read you very well . Just commenting about the reference to the Commissioner that hasnt hunted in 9.5 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swivelhead said:

What is disturbing is people supplying misinformation.  Life long cattleman Bill Brake is an avid hunter in AZ and elsewhere.  I know this to be true. 

pics or it didn't happen!

2 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

What a great idea! Hadn't thought of that! 🤣

Put your money where your mouth is and just do it, I haven't seen yet if it is a violation punishable by loss of hunting or fishing license or just a fine. Heck if it turns out it is just a fine and no loss of privileges just charge your clients a "camera" fee.

3 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

I did read you very well . Just commenting about the reference to the Commissioner that hasnt hunted in 9.5 years. 

Gotcha.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

There were 3 problem units is what we were told. The commisson penalized the whole state for those areas. One Size fits all they said. 

We do not even have a problem, with not using them during your hunt or your buddies hunt your helping. I believe we could of had a better solution.  Im running cameras now its a blast I get alot of data and info into wildview through the lense of a trail camera. 

Next year we wont be able to run cameras even during non hunting times because any images you have and you share can and will be used against you . Especially if someone you know uses it as an aid to pursue or harvest the animal you have on camera. UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES. 

It has nothing to do with Fair chase( its the excuse). it was a personal agenda picked up by Chairman Davis by promising the Folks over at the Legislature he would deal with the issue through the Commission.  

The LIE ( Significant Public Health Safety Threat) without any research or any scientific research) never one time has been addressed by AZGFD or the Commissioners they have avoided it from day one! WHY?

They changed their narrative to Fair Chase . Interesting fact is Charles Podolak is retiring . He is the one who gave them permission to open rulemaking.  Folks to much smoke here for there not to be a fire somewhere. That or your just flat out drinking the commissions kool-aid! 

Just curious - you sound as if you are fighting this due to the government's mishandling and dishonesty rather than the actual camera itself. If so, why is this the issue you have chosen to fall on your sword in today's world?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big or Bust said:

Just curious - you sound as if you are fighting this due to the government's mishandling and dishonesty rather than the actual camera itself. If so, why is this the issue you have chosen to fall on your sword in today's world?

I love running my cameras and have friends that do also. This is the most unintrusive way to see and look at wildlife in their natural habitat and learn to understand the cylces of Nature. 

I only started doing cameras in 2014 and do it every year with or without a tag and with or without a hunter.  

That should not be illegal! Now if I have a tag  or Im taking somebody I think 48 hours before hunt starts you cant check or  your look at a camera in the unit your hunting and through the hunt is a good compromise. It still meets their supposedly fair chase narrative. 

You cant legislate morals and ethics. But they sure are trying to. 

They did it all wrong and they have continued down this pathway of we are the commission and nobody questions us and our decisions. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 654321 said:

Put your money where your mouth is and just do it, I haven't seen yet if it is a violation punishable by loss of hunting or fishing license or just a fine. Heck if it turns out it is just a fine and no loss of privileges just charge your clients a "camera" fee.

Actually I do not have clients! 

Sounds like somebody has to much free time.  They passed the law so move on!!!.  Honestly they should have passed it on every unit north of I 40, most of the problem units.  There s more than just 3 units that had problems. Just my 2 cents!   Glad the Game and Fish finally got it done!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RTAYLOR said:

Sounds like somebody has to much free time.  They passed the law so move on!!!.  Honestly they should have passed it on every unit north of I 40, most of the problem units.  There s more than just 3 units that had problems. Just my 2 cents!   Glad the Game and Fish finally got it done!!!!!!!!

I’m glad they got it right too, now they need to ban range finders and long range rifles as well.

• Haha 1

Banning for "fair chase" seems like a real stretch to me. I have a buddy that has placed numerous trail cameras for deer and elk hunting for about 20 years or so. He admits killing only one animal from his camera pictures during that time. If one is hunting bull elk during the August to October time frame, all bulls move for the rut, and some more than 20 miles. As for cow elk you don't need a camera to locate them usually. They will stay in the same locale generally speaking unless pushed by hunters. The strongest "fair chase" argument might be for coues bucks that generally stay in the same locale, but even that one is pretty lame IMHO. I agree that a lot of recreationalists that enjoy trail cameras are now going to sacrifice due to this rule change for a few bad apples of unethical behavior. Those kinds likely will contribute their negative behavior in other ways unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The fact of them being effective or not effective for some hunters taking the animals they have pics of doesn't matter. They are effective for enough hunters and guides that have it figured out.  Or you wouldn't see the game camera pics plastered on the internet. 

It is everyone's public land hunters and non hunters, how would it fly if people leave signs,personal stuff on trees,lagged,nailed,chained,locked on public land.?

Pack a camera with you scouting, hunting ,selling trophies..   

nobody's taking your ability to hunt.

Pack it in Pack it out