NYAZHunter

The draw , disappointment, sour grapes , ignorance and the money grab

You know that the hunting license is good for things other than rifle deer right?

Plenty to do out here... and I bet Arizona is better than New York most of the fall and winter.

As a resident, I'd be happy for folks like you to give up on AZ.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, mikaele said:

Thank USO Outfitters also.  I've had a couple friends ask about using them and have to give them my 20 minute rant on that fiasco.

Are they even around anymore?  I hear a lot about outfitters but nothing about them in years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbuckclub said:

You know that the hunting license is good for things other than rifle deer right?

Plenty to do out here... and I bet Arizona is better than New York most of the fall and winter.

As a resident, I'd be happy for folks like you to give up on AZ.

It’s better then NY in the spring and summer too.  

• Like 3

I'm disappointed too. Disappointed my beloved state would give up to 10% of her lottery hunting tags to whiney, whaa whaa turds who can't appreciate the bounty youve already taken from our beautiful home.

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

Dont feel bad, I have 26 years applying for Big Horn Sheep and nothing yet. If you want a coues that bad, come with me to Sonora Mexico, bring your friends!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yotebuster said:

Are they even around anymore?  I hear a lot about outfitters but nothing about them in years. 

Yeah, they harvested what they could that year and went back to NM.

• Like 1

I have yet to draw anything in WY, but continue to apply.  Now, they are talking about limiting NR hunters.  So my years of applying will probably drop to near zero.

Heck, it takes me 6-10 years or so to draw a deer tag, last elk tag took 18 years, and had 26 BPs for pronghorn this year and didn't draw.  

So you have come to the wrong place for sympathy.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Ernesto C said:

Dont feel bad, I have 26 years applying for Big Horn Sheep and nothing yet. If you want a coues that bad, come with me to Sonora Mexico, bring your friends!

I want to go 

Good old USO, and Griz Lawrence that was a f up couple of years when they got  the cap removed after the draw was complete, then reversed it after bush determind wild game wasn't interstate commerce and states regulated there wild game there way, so rightfully you could get no out of state tags until all residents got a tag if they wanted to. Unless thats changed. Anyway no sympathy for anyone who doesn't get drawn because we all live that reality.. Only my op.

Population of the mountain states combined vs east coast/west coast population is too much. Look out for our own state and laws and if hunting and the outdoors are favorable to your life then move, cause the demographics of this country is changing quickly. 

NR here.  Grew up in AZ but left for the military, and never quite made it back (though still have family there and will retire there).  To this day the only state I hunt in is my home state of AZ.

Oh, it was all about a money grab alright.  But not by G&F.  It was all about USO trying to jack AZ residents by trying to grab up the lion's share of tags for NR's.

I understand the license purchase requirement.  Azzhats at USO caused this.  G&F is doing what they needed to do to keep things fair, keep a majority of tags for residents, and to discourage the playing of the system by shady outfitters like USO.  No way should NR's have any right to receive more than the 10% of allotted tags.  

The license purchase was never required before USO started their crap.  AZ G&F had to do something when the NR 10% cap was lifted for a while there in order to keep a majority of tags for residents.  Their only option at the time was was to require license purchase by NR's in order to participate in the draw.  May still be a good case for it, but at any rate, once that cat was out of the bag, there was no getting it back in.  And I'm sure the continued required purchase of NR licenses to apply for a draw all adds up to not enough to cover legal fees to fight the likes of USO over the years. 

Not all NR's were, but there were plenty of NR's licking their chops at the prospect of the 10% NR cap being lifted in AZ.  Well, what you see now is the result of that greed.   The blame lies somewhere, but I don't see the need to put it at the feet of G&F.

• Like 2

You have to buy a license to apply in pretty much every state in the west.  It has more to do with Pittman Robertson money allocation then anything.  That’s why most states have you buy a combo hunting/fishing license as they get to count it twice.  Doesn’t have anything to do with USO.  Maybe did back in the day but every state has caught onto the game and that’s what they do now.  I’m currently licensed to hunt in:  AZ, NM, UT, NV, CO, MT, OR, ID and ND because of this.  I don’t mind paying the fees if they’re going directly to game and fish vs into a states general fund.  

• Like 2

Gentlemen / Ladies , 

Remind me to  think things through before posting. Mea culpa . Sad to sound like a petulant spoiled child . My apologies for coming off like a whiny a--clown.

Good luck to all who drew.  

• Like 6