Sign in to follow this  
StraightTequilaNight

23 youth cow

I know I'm a lucky SOB... I'll get that out of the way first.  I ended up w/ 4 elk tags this year.  I'm hunting early archery bull in Unit 1 and 3 of my kids drew cow elk in unit 23 (early October youth hunt).  I'm familiar with Unit 1, but much less so with 23.  I will be doing my scouting, but am torn between scouting for my own in a Unit I know & scouting for the kids in a unit I don't.  My kids are 16, 12 & 10.  We'll have a blast any way you slice it, but just putting feelers out to see if anyone loves helping youth hunters as much as I do.  Not looking for secrets... just an idea of places to start to maximize my scouting would be a huge help!  I live in Unit 31 and would happily return the favor.  

Scout for your hunt and kill a stud! Sign up for the youth camp that ADA puts on. They feed the hunters and the family it's awesome for a big family! They also raffle off a bunch of stuff for the kids. Can't say enough good about it.  Dave from ada is a member here (azelkhunter I think, might be azelkhunter69, forget which is which sometimes).  Anyway I can help with the elk. I'll shoot you my phone # in a pm.  

• Like 2

Don’t worry about scouting for the cow hunt. If you want get in touch with me and I’ll tell you where u need to be.... That way you can go get a look at the country. If not register for youth camp show up the day before the hunt and see me. Thanks Dave

• Like 2

3 hours ago, azelkhunter2 said:

Don’t worry about scouting for the cow hunt. If you want get in touch with me and I’ll tell you where u need to be.... That way you can go get a look at the country. If not register for youth camp show up the day before the hunt and see me. Thanks Dave

I would take him up on his offer. I know 23 very well also. I will shoot you a pm of some good areas that always hold elk as well. Good luck in unit 1 and have a blast with your kids!

3 hours ago, azelkhunter2 said:

Dave is beyond helpful. Absolutely fantastic gentleman. If his info helps you in anyway let me know and I’ll donate to ADA to help towards the youth hunts. Thanks Dave.

Cliff

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cjl2010 said:

Dave is beyond helpful. Absolutely fantastic gentleman. If his info helps you in anyway let me know and I’ll donate to ADA to help towards the youth hunts. Thanks Dave.

Cliff

The dead has arisen

• Sad 1

What will you do with four elk if you Tag out?  Just curious that’s allot of freezers.  Congrats on the tags!!

Had the same problem with freezer space I shot a bull on muzzy hunt 6a then the next year a cow on general you can always squeeze a couple freezers in and friends and family help

0122181249.jpg

For a kids hunt I’ll tell you this spot.  It’s a walk in, easy to get to.  Shoot me a pm.  

E9C467B4-2887-47B2-BFA7-D7838E3DC3A8.jpeg