KYBoy

My Best Trail Camera Spot

Howdy. Here's my latest video. I try to explain why I set things up the way I did. This was a great spot for lions and bears. Couple coues and other neat critters as well. I love doing this as much as I do hunting because it gets me outdoors away from the messiness of the "real world". Thanks for watching. 

• Like 9

Thanks for posting and good vid.  I like the flat rock idea.

Did you notice the temp on the camera for the vulture?  Or at least it looks like a vulture to me.

Which GMU is this?

Eddie 

1 minute ago, eddielasvegas said:

Thanks for posting and good vid.  I like the flat rock idea.

Did you notice the temp on the camera for the vulture?  Or at least it looks like a vulture to me.

Which GMU is this?

Eddie 

The temps on this camera always read high for some reason. It is indeed a turkey vulture. 

Sorry, but I don't give GMUs. I live in Tucson and drive all over the Southern units here. Thanks for watching. 

• Like 2

Good video, good quality! Great spot. How long does each video run once triggered? What size card do you use? I just set mine for 3 shot pic mode so I don't run out of memory and check cams every few months. I'd like to do video mode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Good video, good quality! Great spot. How long does each video run once triggered? What size card do you use? I just set mine for 3 shot pic mode so I don't run out of memory and check cams every few months. I'd like to do video mode.

I like to set 20 second videos with a 1 second delay between captures in case the animal is still there doing something cool. I use a 128GB card. 

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing. Love video mode on trail cams and wish I did more of it. I just don't check them often enough to keep cards from filling up.

• Like 1

Fun fact:  vultures piss on themselves to help cool themselves off, its called urohydrosis.

Cool video. I like how the skunk seemed to charge the cam.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Thanks for posting this!  It is a great hobby.  The vid. and sound quality are really good.  Just so I understand, to allow high res. capture of the subject at night, the camera is using passive IR, is that correct?  Is that easier on your battery than standard visible light?  As I understand, there is a dim red glow when using IR, some animals are more attracted to it than others, but it apparently doesn't really bother them.  These cams apparently have a photo cell which disables the nighttime IR mode, when enough visible light becomes available, is that correct?

Good stuff right there. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, forepaw said:

Thanks for posting this!  It is a great hobby.  The vid. and sound quality are really good.  Just so I understand, to allow high res. capture of the subject at night, the camera is using passive IR, is that correct?  Is that easier on your battery than standard visible light?  As I understand, there is a dim red glow when using IR, some animals are more attracted to it than others, but it apparently doesn't really bother them.  These cams apparently have a photo cell which disables the nighttime IR mode, when enough visible light becomes available, is that correct?

Good stuff right there. 

It’s a low glow IR which I believe is the red light you’re referring to. I have a video on my YouTube channel of a mountain lion stalking my camera. I think it saw the light. I’m guessing the IR takes less battery than a bright white light. And yes the camera automatically knows when to use IR. Thanks for watching and commenting. 

32 minutes ago, Lazy-H98 said:

Awesome video.  Thanks for sharing.  What software do you use to edit the video clips?

It’s called HD movie maker pro. Cost $10 I think. 

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Fun fact:  vultures piss on themselves to help cool themselves off, its called urohydrosis.

Cool video. I like how the skunk seemed to charge the cam.

I do the same chit

• Haha 1