savagman

Kaibab Rifle Hunters

I did wind up emailing the address on the card that was sent.  AZGFD in Flagstaff was very helpful.  Hopefully I'll have some projectiles soon.

I did realize that I could bag and carry as well.  I'll turn 58 during the hunt, and I'll be solo unless I turn up someone that wants to go along, so I'm not really looking to make any extra trips to pack guts.  That said, this is a new rifle I just put together for this hunt, and if I can't get it to shoot with any coppers, I'll definitely use something like an NAB and worry about the gutpile when the time comes.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 3darcher2 said:

I did wind up emailing the address on the card that was sent.  AZGFD in Flagstaff was very helpful.  Hopefully I'll have some projectiles soon.

I did realize that I could bag and carry as well.  I'll turn 58 during the hunt, and I'll be solo unless I turn up someone that wants to go along, so I'm not really looking to make any extra trips to pack guts.  That said, this is a new rifle I just put together for this hunt, and if I can't get it to shoot with any coppers, I'll definitely use something like an NAB and worry about the gutpile when the time comes.

Remember these are guidelines nor rules/laws. Use copper or don’t use copper it’s your choice. Pack the guts out or don’t and bury them. You are not obligated to pack those guts out and take them to the check station but most do. 

• Like 1

You’ll probably be up high on that hunt. There are roads every where up there. I have been able to pack every deer we have killed whole to them truck. But we kill dinks

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 8:33 AM, CatfishKev said:

Just fyi, copper is not required so if you cant get ahold of any its no big deal. If you use lead and bring the gut pilebto the check station they will enter you into a drawing for some kind of guided hunt (at least i think they are still doing that).

What part of PA you from? Originally from the lancaster area myself.   

CK, I’m from NE of Pittsburgh.

I did wind up emailing the AZGFD email and they could not have done anything better.  I told him what I was looking for and from what I gather, he personally surfed the web, found my projectiles and had them delivered straight to my house.  They arrived today.  Great job by AZGFD.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 3darcher2 said:

CK, I’m from NE of Pittsburgh.

I did wind up emailing the AZGFD email and they could not have done anything better.  I told him what I was looking for and from what I gather, he personally surfed the web, found my projectiles and had them delivered straight to my house.  They arrived today.  Great job by AZGFD.

Right on, wifes cuz played for the Steelers. 

Glad it worked out for you man. Have an awesome hunt!

• Thanks 1