peckl1

36A hunts

In my experience, there’s a ton of deer there compared to other units I’ve hunted. I’ve only hunted it for coues, but we always see a hundred muleys 

There are spots absolutely where you can glass hundreds of deer at a time. It used to be twice as good for mule deer numbers believe it or not 5-8 years ago. I'm talking about rifle hunting for bucks. 

• Like 1

Some buddies of mine went down there and went 3 for 3 in 3 days on the rifle hunt last year. Can’t be too awful 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Some buddies of mine went down there and went 3 for 3 in 3 days on the rifle hunt last year. Can’t be too awful 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I literally saw 125 mule deer in a morning  there. Documented with a witness. I think it was 17 bucks 

• Wow! 1

Make sure you get a lion tag if you go

@peckl1 I drew a tag for ealy rifle this coming fall in 36A for mule deer. I'll be down there several times scouting in the coming months. What's a good way of getting some guidance from you?

Ralph 857 I should be down in 36a soon. I had a little medical issue a few days ago and have not been down there for a week or so. I should be back at my trailer down there next week. I'll shoot you an email when I'm sure when I will be back.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, peckl1 said:

Ralph 857 I should be down in 36a soon. I had a little medical issue a few days ago and have not been down there for a week or so. I should be back at my trailer down there next week. I'll shoot you an email when I'm sure when I will be back.

Hope you’re doing okay after the medical issue. Glad to see you’re still around and helping folks in 36a. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peckl1 said:

Sounds like a plan, thank you!