Jazz

Need a Cerakote guy

Or girl.

Know anyone in valley? My buddy got a new toy. 

Pretty sure Wright Armory is doing 40% off FDE cerakote this month. Might be worth a look. 

• Like 2

I think Chris passed away last year.

I had a couple of shotguns I dropped off at Wright last year to be cleaned. Price was I was told when I took them in was more than what was advertised their website.   It took about three weeks longer than they told me it would take. Granted one was from the early 50's and the other from the twenty's. Both Winchesters.

One ending up having a stripped bolt that held the stock on and I thought the quoted price to repair it was high and opted out so when I went and picked them up the older one came out as just a barreled action with no stock. The guy rang up the total and asked for payment. I told him I dropped off a whole gun and he needed to go find the stock. It took a while but he found it. The barrel had started to rust. Evidentially after they cleaned it they didn't bother to run a oiled patch down it or to even wipe it down.

I was there for about 20 minutes and struck up a convo with another guy who was there to pick his AK. They told him when he dropped it off it would be ready in 30 days, three months ago. The two younger guys who were waiting on customers had zero personality and acted perturbed and like they wanted to be somewhere else. I'm pretty free with my funds and don't mind paying for quality or convenience but I wouldn't take a BB Gun to them.

• Like 1

^ ^ ^  I'm sorry about your experience PRDATR.  I've used Wright Armory a number of times for engraving and light, general gunsmithing and the experience has been positive.  But I've never had anything cerakoted.

2 hours ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

^ ^ ^  I'm sorry about your experience PRDATR.  I've used Wright Armory a number of times for engraving and light, general gunsmithing and the experience has been positive.  But I've never had anything cerakoted.

Same here. They've worked on a few of my old Browning shotguns and have done great work. But that was a few years ago. So, can't say much about recent work or customer service. PRDATR, thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind going forward.

I had them do a muzzle break a few years back when they were still at c2 off the 10 freeway .when I dropped off the gun I told them not to drill and tap for the front sight as it was in the line of sight for the scope .when it was done it had the sight back on it looked stupid as shoot and I was pissed .had to take it back off and plug the holes .he'll it even said do not re install front sight on the order .they lost my business for sure

Kyle from down range customs. Great work, fair price and FAST. 

Dropped my AR off at 8pm and he had it ready for pick up 10AM the next morning. $180.00 for the upper, lower and hand guard.