ctafoya

Anyone have a Raptor?

My Boss has a first gen, maybe 2010/11? I doubt he has 30K on it but it is a runner with plenty of power.

3 hours ago, ctafoya said:

Might need to go on a test drive. She doesn't need fast, but wants quick acceleration. 

If you google it. A stock 3.5eb will beat a raptor in a 1/4 race 

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

This whole time I thought the attraction to them was that they were fast 

I think the Appel is that they are loud/seem fast 

4 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I think the Appel is that they are loud/seem fast 

My Brother in laws 2020 3.5 ecb. has 450HP and over 500 ft/lb torque, haven't raced him against my 2014 but it seemed plenty fast enough.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, longshooter said:

Can’t go wrong with a Ford raptor in my opinion.

solid truck and seems to hold its value better than most.

Yeah, excellent resale 

Could be worth checking out the new F-150 Tremor. Some crossovers with the Raptor plus the 3.5L Ecoboost

Edited by high rise hunter
added *plus

I haven't driven one, but been a passenger in a couple of different ones on multiple hunts on some very rough roads at high and load speeds. My opinion, they live up to the hype. Honestly, they far surpassed my expectations.  They ruined my F150 4x4 XLT for me. But since a Raptor won't be in my price range anytime soon, I'll dream about one and be happy with what I have. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Yeah, excellent resale 

My business partner bought a 2018 raptor for 66k new in 2018. Sanderson Ford tried offering him 60k for it two weeks ago with 40k miles on it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, longshooter said:

My business partner bought a 2018 raptor for 66k new in 2018. Sanderson Ford tried offering him 60k for it two weeks ago with 40k miles on it. 

i heard the same thing from another dude. trade in stuff right now doesnt make any sense to me, my buddy traded a 40k mile gmc diesel for a new one and it cost him 2k.

i heard the same thing from another dude. trade in stuff right now doesnt make any sense to me, my buddy traded a 40k mile gmc diesel for a new one and it cost him 2k.

I just sold me 2020 challenger hellcat redeye for more than I paid for it new over 18 months ago . 

makes no sense at all

• Wow! 1

i have a 2018 Tacoma TRD off road, i paid $33.500 or 37.500 out the door and went to the dealer to see if they had the 4runner trd pro and offer me 36.800 for mine but the trd pro was 52000.

is like selling your house this days you have to buy another overprice.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, maximus said:

i have a 2018 Tacoma TRD off road, i paid $33.500 or 37.500 out the door and went to the dealer to see if they had the 4runner trd pro and offer me 36.800 for mine but the trd pro was 52000.

is like selling your house this days you have to buy another overprice.

Yeah I heard some 4Runners are bringing 8k over sticker price something like that. Not all new vehicles are going for that