ctafoya

Anyone have a Raptor?

In the same boat. Paid just over 50k out the door for my 2018 cummins. Blue books for 55-58 now. Tempting to sell but it would cost me 60+ to replace it. 

On 7/20/2021 at 8:02 AM, longshooter said:

I just sold me 2020 challenger hellcat redeye for more than I paid for it new over 18 months ago . 

makes no sense at all

Why in the world would you get rid of it in the first place 

43 minutes ago, HyNoon said:

Why in the world would you get rid of it in the first place 

Got a TRX in transit and no garage space left 

That car wasn’t easy to let go of. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 9:06 AM, trphyhntr said:

Yeah I heard some 4Runners are bringing 8k over sticker price something like that. Not all new vehicles are going for that 

Planning on buying my wife a 4 runner next yr but not if this is the case.

We passed a Raptor towing an aluminum Uhaul trailer with a Harley in it coming down from Flag Sunday, couldnt even get out of his own way.  Thing was wound  tighter than a ten day alarm clock coming out of Camp Verde, with the rear end smashed  down and swerving lane to lane.  I dont think they have much for huevos in the towing department with that cushy suspension.

The most it would tow is our RZR. I'm in the same boat with my power wagon. Cant tow chit. 

I feel your pain on letting your demon go. She has an SRT and its a blast. Its gonna be hard letting it go, but it doesn't fit our lifestyle. 

8 hours ago, longshooter said:

• Like 1

Working in Austin this week and found this. Wife is flying in tomorrow. God help me. 

1FTFW1RGXHFC34587--03.jpg?ver=1626479608

• Love 1

I might even wear a flat brim to get to drive this

image.png.387869d14a5d7cb16827ea42f1abe9d3.png

Awaiting response from the dealer but when see's it its game over. I'd even trade in my power wagon for this bich. image.png.1d577077febd68f76caa6af51287ebba.png

21 hours ago, longshooter said:

I bet but that's a good change too 

I currently own a 2019 Raptor and love it, but it really depends on what you want out of any 4x4. I’ve owned a 97 Hummer H1, and a Jeep JK (modified) and enjoyed them both for different reasons. The H1 and the Jeep were great for off roading (both have been to Moab and run the Rubicon Trail and been pretty well used) but had to get down to one vehicle and decided to give the Raptor a try a couple years ago and still have it.

Pros:

Fast and fun to drive (0 to 60 in 5.2 seconds ain’t bad).

Look great (so I think).

Great suspension for on the road, and fast driving off road if that is your thing.

Cons:

Limited tow capacity.

Limited off road capability (but better than a stock truck. It does have front and rear locking differentials which helps).

That said, I was drawn for the late 22n bull hunt, and will be buying a used modified Jeep JK then sell it after the hunt…way too many boulders (not to mention the snow) where we go to risk getting stuck, etc….

Just buy what you want, then sell if you don’t like it. Life’s short.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 10:25 PM, ctafoya said:

Awaiting response from the dealer but when see's it its game over. I'd even trade in my power wagon for this bich. image.png.1d577077febd68f76caa6af51287ebba.png

So… what’s the scoop?