ctafoya

Anyone have a Raptor?

It sounds like this guy does, plus he produces some good AZ centric content. No affiliation.

Can't hurt to contact him to share his experience with his Raptor.

Good luck,

Eddie

9 hours ago, Flatlander said:

So… what’s the scoop?

POS. The graphics are all sun burned. There is salt corrosion underneath. Interior was not kept up on. Deal breaker was the cold start knock. Sounded like the engine was going to fall out. 

Hey silver bullet, which of those three vehicles rode the best off-road under "normal" off-road driving for hunting? Rocks, washboard, dips, etc. Aren't those raptors a few inches wider in wheel and body stance than the regular trucks for better stability? How much wider and how much towing capacity? Thanks

54 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

that looks like something a 13 year old would design.

I was expecting Walker Texas Ranger to step out of that f’er.  That pickup needs to stay in Texas where it belongs.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yotebuster said:

I was expecting Walker Texas Ranger to step out of that f’er.  That pickup needs to stay in Texas where it belongs.  

Agreed

On 7/26/2021 at 7:48 AM, Azdiy said:

Hey silver bullet, which of those three vehicles rode the best off-road under "normal" off-road driving for hunting? Rocks, washboard, dips, etc. Aren't those raptors a few inches wider in wheel and body stance than the regular trucks for better stability? How much wider and how much towing capacity? Thanks

So much difference one to to other. 
Most important is what do you want to do with the vehicle?

If I had to choose just one all purpose 4x4 it would be the Jeep JK (4 door) with some modifications. However…I’m a realtor and needed to get down to one vehicle and from time to time need to put clients in my truck (I refuse to drive a car…sorry) which is the main reason I drive the Raptor. Fun…comfortable and has running boards so my customers can get in easy (I sell in an active adult community). Plus for me it’s a conversation piece that helps clients remember me.

If I could have two vehicles, it would be the modified Jeep JK for hunting and off roading, then a pickup truck which doesn’t need to be a certain brand or a Raptor. 

H1…it’s a toy…not a daily driver and is expensive to repair if you can find someone who knows how to work on them. 
I bought my 1997 H1 from Kachina Cadillac on Scottsdale Rd as they were the dealer. GREAT service and they fixed everything under warranty no matter what the problem was….including me messing up off road.  

AZdiy asked about the width…

I will say that width can be a blessing (stability) or a hinderance (can’t fit), but I’ve found my needs fit stability. 

On 7/25/2021 at 9:43 PM, eddielasvegas said:

It sounds like this guy does, plus he produces some good AZ centric content. No affiliation.

Can't hurt to contact him to share his experience with his Raptor.

Good luck,

Eddie

Just watched this video. AMAZING video and drone stuff. Lots of time went into this!  

Yep. 37 foot with a 12 foot garage, 12 cubic ft refrigerator freezer, remote control everything.

0623211936.jpg