Sign in to follow this  
deserttacoma84

Delw

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Those are old pictures. I think he may be your age or older.

So he IS an old geezer!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Those are old pictures. I think he may be your age or older.

Honestly I thought the same as lance.  Thought he was an old dude just based off the things he said. I thought he was straight from the 60s with some of his comments.    Some days he made me laugh, some days he just pissed me off, and then eventually made me laugh again.   But most of all I saw how much he loved his kids and how proud of them he was.  Although he was for sure a polarizing individual if there is a legacy I would want to leave behind it's gonna be the same as him, the love I had for my family.  Whether you loved him or hated him one thing you could never take away from the guy was how much he loved his kiddos.  For that I will most definitely raise a drink in his honor tonight.  Rest in piece delw.

• Like 20

17 hours ago, Stray Horse said:

I remember him back from AZOD and I think Arizona Sportsman's Journal.

He was indeed the most infamous.  RIP DELW.

If there is one thing I noticed, he always said what he felt. I respect that.  We had some pm's after a couple of my hunts.  We were to meet for beers but never got around to it.  

Channeling my inner delw. I hope where you are now is fukn awsme 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, idgaf said:

If there is one thing I noticed, he always said what he felt. I respect that.  We had some pm's after a couple of my hunts.  We were to meet for beers but never got around to it.  

Channeling my inner delw. I hope where you are now is fukn awsme 

I'd like to think that Del and HogHunter are popping a few tops together.

• Like 8

Del’s Wife April aka the Warden asked if I would post the following in regards to Del.

It is with great sadness that I share news of Delw passing:

Del died in his sleep at home on Wednesday morning, July 21,2021.

Del had been recuperating at home following a hemicolectomy on July 8th.

It is so hard to make this announcement.

AprilW

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

I'm in shock reading this! Hope this is a wake up call for any of us that have unfinished business. Live every day as if its your last. You never know! Rest in Peace Delw, you were one of a kind. Maybe clashed with him a time or two but who didn't? I had a lot of respect for him and will miss him for sure. God Bless him!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Titanium700 said:

So sorry. 
how old was he?

I would put him in my age bracket. Maybe 56-62?

And the whole "Get back in the kitchen" misogynist talk was an online persona. In person he was very polite to the gentler sex.

Had my wife with me last time I dropped by his shop and he was so hospitable and kind. Running to get her a chair, offering her refreshments and making small talk about his faithful shop mouser...

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Edge said:

I would put him in my age bracket. Maybe 56-62?

And the whole "Get back in the kitchen" misogynist talk was an online persona. In person he was very polite to the gentler sex.

Had my wife with me last time I dropped by his shop and he was so hospitable and kind. Running to get her a chair, offering her refreshments and making small talk about his faithful shop mouser...

That dang cat came at me like three times when I visited. He thought it was hilarious.

• Haha 1