Sign in to follow this  
jdown

Tiny house - East valley

Does anyone have any experience with building or buying a Tiny House for a back yard home (aging parent situation).

Thanks! 

If you already have 1 home on the property and it is single family the county might not let you. Check with them first.  Gila shut me down at Roosevelt, but my property inQC I can do it.

Thanks! Yeah, we can do it (with some restrictions of course).  I see some builders around Phx and then of course some prefabs, converted sheds etc. Just wondering if anyone has experience in build or buy around here. 

You'd be amazed with what you can do with a conex if you're handy. Drove thru beatty NV recently and they were using them as apartments.

Tiny houses are overpriced. You can get a nice RV for a fraction of the price.

• Like 2

I've wired a couple tuff shed houses, not bad, was around $23,000 for a 2 story, so a single story make a decent 1 bedroom.

Well  connex boxes are getting hard to get and are barely becoming available again but ..... they are asking a very high price for them right  now. Last quote I got for a 40 footer was 6800.00  about a week ago.... yes almost 7k. I would look at a big shed and frame out a closet and a divider wall. Maybe a storage loft.