Firewater Forge

SOLD- .303 SMLE Lee Enfield #4 (SOLD)

Another of my late Uncle's rifles. It is a number 4 but I cannot say what mark (Mk) it is. From the markings on it (see pics) I believe it is an Indian made version. There is none of the marks that would indicate it was made in England or Canada and I know the Indians made many thousands of the SMLE .303. I don't know any of the history of it but it does look either new or arsenal refurbished. Even though I cannot shoot a picture of the bore, I did visually inspect it and there is no indication that it was fired very much if at all. Certainly no evidence that corrosive military ammo was used with it. The barrel and receiver seem to have some sort of Parkerizing on them and the wood looks pretty good. I am going to let it go for a low price for all the above reasons.
$150.00
Cash only please.
Email me at Firewaterforge@yahoo.com or message me here.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

To cheap. It is worth more than that as a parts gun. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

To cheap. It is worth more than that as a parts gun. 

I am finding that out. I have had English and Canadian #4s before and thought "I want to move this out and who would want an Indian manufactured rifle? ( no offence to the Indians of India )

This will be one of those times I should have done more research, but I already told one party they could buy it. Being a man of my word I feel obligated at this point, it's a matter of principle.

• Like 2