codyhuntsaz

WTB muzzle brake

Where is the best place in the valley…prefer East valley….to get a muzzle brake added? As I write this my shoulder is sore from putting 45 rounds through a Tikka T3X Superlite 300 WM. 

I just ordered a break from Kahntrol solutions to tip the end of my classic Ruger M77 tang .270. I know some may cringe at this but..... its a clamp on break. It should be here today. I did quite a bit of research on these clamp on style breaks. I didn't want to alter that rifle from stock by getting it threaded. My 11 y.o. daughter has the deer tag this year hence the reason for the break. KAHNTROL also makes threaded breaks if you're barrel is such. Kahntrol is a USA made product. Others I looked into were Grizzly gunworks(canada) long build time but looked and review super solid. 

Lots of videos of tamed 300Wm from Kahntrol on YouTube. Give em a look. Goodluck

3 minutes ago, HUNTnTAT2 said:

I just ordered a break from Kahntrol solutions to tip the end of my classic Ruger M77 tang .270. I know some may cringe at this but..... its a clamp on break. It should be here today. I did quite a bit of research on these clamp on style breaks. I didn't want to alter that rifle from stock by getting it threaded. My 11 y.o. daughter has the deer tag this year hence the reason for the break. KAHNTROL also makes threaded breaks if you're barrel is such. Kahntrol is a USA made product. Others I looked into were Grizzly gunworks(canada) long build time but looked and review super solid. 

Lots of videos of tamed 300Wm from Kahntrol on YouTube. Give em a look. Goodluck

Thanks for the info I’ll give them a look. I’m not opposed to having the barrel threaded though. 

I just had a brake installed on my browning mountain  ti. Magnum mikes did the work. Shot it this weekend and it makes a huge difference. 

• Like 1

Todd South, Southern Xpress (602) 677-3791.

Reasonable, meticulous, and the only guy I go to. He's done plenty of work for me and I promise, I am super picky.

Ask My Rights As An American and anyone else he has done work for. Near Bass Pro.

• Like 2

I’ll second Todd at southern xpress. I just got a rifle back from him that he worked on. Excellent work, honest and great prices. Last I checked his muzzle brake cost is $200 which includes a muzzle brake. If you already have one it would obviously be cheaper. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, hamboneaz said:

I’ll second Todd at southern xpress. I just got a rifle back from him that he worked on. Excellent work, honest and great prices. Last I checked his muzzle brake cost is $200 which includes a muzzle brake. If you already have one it would obviously be cheaper. 

And most of the time you can't tell where the barrel ends and the muzzle brake begins.

9 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

And most of the time you can't tell where the barrel ends and the muzzle brake begins.

Looks like I have found my guy then! He’s close to my work so that’s a bonus, thanks. 

12 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Yeah that’s what I was expecting but I went to a different place and now I have a hermaphrodite looking barrel. No homo

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Absolutely! It is completely seamless. 

• Like 1

This is on my Muzzle Loader that he custom built for me. It will shoot a .45 cal bullet over 700 yards accurately. You tell me where the barrel ends.😁

I'm going on my first Hunt October 22.

IMG_20210726_221718.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

This is on my Muzzle Loader that he custom built for me. It will shoot a .45 cal bullet over 700 yards accurately. You tell me where the barrel ends.😁

I'm going on my first Hunt October 22.

IMG_20210726_221718.jpg

Dropped my rifle off today with Todd, great guy! 

Hey folks - hopefully not bumping too old a thread,

Anyone know if Todd is still around and accepting work?  Rang him 10/4 w/ a VM and again 10/28 (today) leaving another message.  Over in the WV, Peoria specifically, but fell in love with Todd's work after the seamless picture above and planned to transit.  Looking to tame a Superlite 300WM, like the OP.  Have been to the BassPro area in Mesa years ago, but otherwise unfamiliar with the smaller shops and don't see Southern Xpress on Maps or any address on the FB page.  Know some shops just don't answer the phone often or do callbacks, so curious if a drive-by would be better.  Contemplating either a temp. Kahntrol bolt-on if he's just busy with the season (whether work or his own hunts) or if I need to start looking for another gunsmith with impeccable work.

Thanks,

DR