Sign in to follow this  
SpotNStalk

Anybody been on the Bab

Got a buddy asking if I want to head up to help his son on a cow Buffalo hunt this weekend. I’ve done the Spring Bull hunt and well aware of the BS that goes on up there. Looking to see if anybody’s been up there in the last few weeks and how it went 

thanks 

I helped during the bull hunt at the beginning of July. There was a thread on it but I think it got deleted. There was lots of conflict between the 3 competing outfitters up there and their respective clients. If you go I would put cams on the salts you think will produce and then pick one and stick with it. With everyone taking the same approach (sitting blinds all day every day), the more you move around the more you will run into friction with other hunters. If you pick a spot and stick with they can know what to expect and plan around you. 

When we drove through Saturday it was looking pretty wet on the plateau so sittIng water could be tough but hopefully the bison are more dispersed and salt should always be good.

Read it and heard about it … didn’t know if these hunts were any different then the spring hunts. I did the blind thing , coop and decided it wasn’t for me or how I would do this hunt. I ended shooting my bull when I started moving. 

• Like 1

Here is a link to the thread I did on my sons august cow hunt last year.

2 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

This is a hunt that is going to be interesting to see how it plays out when the cameras are gone next yr.

Not really. Everyone will still just sit in the same spots they are now. It will be a lot harder for the non-guides dudes to figure out where the buff are without a bunch of other eyes and ears.

• Like 1

Thats funny. He owns it or just think he does. If he was involved in what the deleted post said, he should be done for life. Just me..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Thats funny. He owns it or just think he does. If he was involved in what the deleted post said, he should be done for life. Just me..

From what I heard through the grapevine Ned was.

On 7/27/2021 at 7:32 AM, bonecollector said:

This is a hunt that is going to be interesting to see how it plays out when the cameras are gone next yr.

It will still be random for the average hunter.  The high end guys will suffer the most. 

3 minutes ago, idgaf said:

It will still be random for the average hunter.  The high end guys will suffer the most. 

If the person puts in the work they can harvest a buff without any of the guides up there.  I did 10 years ago.  I did not play any of the games up there with anyone and still harvested a record book bull.  The entire guide thing up there is a complete joke on how they have persuaded g&f up there

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Hunting Fool said:

If the person puts in the work they can harvest a buff without any of the guides up there.  I did 10 years ago.  I did not play any of the games up there with anyone and still harvested a record book bull.  The entire guide thing up there is a complete joke on how they have persuaded g&f up there

Yeah I did it a couple of years ago. But I went what they would classify as rogue. 

Does anyone believe Ned isn’t going to run cameras? Somehow he’s got G&F eating out of his hand. When WE run cameras it violates the policy, when HE runs cameras it is for research. A good friend of mine told Ned to shove it 3-4 years ago. Hiked the fence line and killed a monster booner. I’d like to do the same thing some day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, idgaf said:

There was a reason he was crying alligator tears at the previous camera ban commissioners meeting... 

56 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Does anyone believe Ned isn’t going to run cameras? Somehow he’s got G&F eating out of his hand. When WE run cameras it violates the policy, when HE runs cameras it is for research. A good friend of mine told Ned to shove it 3-4 years ago. Hiked the fence line and killed a monster booner. I’d like to do the same thing some day. 

I don't believe for a minute there won't still be cameras at all the spots by an "anonymous" 3rd party.

Good luck up there SpotNStalk.  Send some pics!

• Like 2