trphyhntr

Good News

5 hours ago, Lazy-H98 said:

If you are in Chandler, I could buy you a cold one, and we could talk reloading my 7MM and .270 with all your free time now.........

PM sent.

Interview went stellar this morning and, while I refuse to get my hopes too high, I thought I nailed it!  

In other good news I'm not sure how I forgot, I've been in touch with a guy my dad served with in Vietnam and he's invited me to come turkey hunt his ranch in central Texas!  My wife has given me the blessings to go for it!  He's had one 5-bearded tom taken from his property in the past and only has one other lease hunter there.  I think he's not allowing the other hunter there while we're hunting. A buddy and I will be in central Texas, staying at his place, chasing Rios and he's in a 4-bird limit county!  The blessings of the brotherhood only formed through combat!  Early April won't get here soon enough!

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, IA Born said:

Interview went stellar this morning and, while I refuse to get my hopes too high, I thought I nailed it!  

In other good news I'm not sure how I forgot, I've been in touch with a guy my dad served with in Vietnam and he's invited me to come turkey hunt his ranch in central Texas!  My wife has given me the blessings to go for it!  He's had one 5-bearded tom taken from his property in the past and only has one other lease hunter there.  I think he's not allowing the other hunter there while we're hunting. A buddy and I will be in central Texas, staying at his place, chasing Rios and he's in a 4-bird limit county!  The blessings of the brotherhood only formed through combat!  Early April won't get here soon enough!

Good luck. Hope you get it!

• Like 1

I have decided to not be fat anymore. I am now identifying as thin. I am Trans skinny. My pro nouns are slim/fit. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, IA Born said:

Wish you luck, but Albuquerque? Crime was so bad I left there in '95.

Had my home, business and storage burglarized in the same day and cops refused to respond.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Edge said:

Had my home, business and storage burglarized in the same day and cops refused to respond.

Yep. When I left Belen in 96 things were getting bad everywhere in Central NM. Sheriff's department was a joke on a good day. 

5 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

Yep. When I left Belen in 96 things were getting bad everywhere in Central NM. Sheriff's department was a joke on a good day. 

Wait, wha? I had a place in Belen too.

3 minutes ago, Edge said:

Wait, wha? I had a place in Belen too.

lived on 85 and mill rd for years. Moved out to Tierra Grande the last few years before I bailed. My parents are still out there. My best friend is still there, lives out on the west mesa by the bomb shelter. 

20 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

lived on 85 and mill rd for years. Moved out to Tierra Grande the last few years before I bailed. My parents are still out there. My best friend is still there, lives out on the west mesa by the bomb shelter. 

I was in Los Chavez behind the school and that little bar

24 minutes ago, Edge said:

I was in Los Chavez behind the school and that little bar

Dennis Chavez? We probably passed each other a lot. I worked at furs and cattlemens on auction days. 

1 hour ago, ctafoya said:

Dennis Chavez? We probably passed each other a lot. I worked at furs and cattlemens on auction days. 

Bought and sold horses and sheep at the auction.

• Like 1

I invested some money in Tierra Grande about 10 years ago.  Didn't turn out very well.  But, I get to chase whitetails in November, so all is well now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edge said:

I asked specifically about working remote and was told "remote within region" was approved.  That is a good thing for me, because I won't move to ABQ for the reasons you mention.  Every time I turned on "Cops", they were in the ABQ!  I also pointed out that we have Regional Office employees in Wisconsin, Washington, here in Flagstaff, Atlanta and South Africa.  I can definitely do this job from right here and, hopefully, we can cross paths in person, Tim!

3 hours ago, ctafoya said:

You both are cracking me up with the Belen reference.  I have family in Belen that has lived there for years!  I just found out recently that Belen was incorporated and its now "Rio Communities".

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 11:25 AM, thegunsmith2506 said:

36 days till I leave for Alaska for the first time.

Heading there today!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Edge said:

Same here. Even the nicer neighborhoods had gang issues. They just had better guns. 

Love the climate and the food! Just not the crime.

• Like 1