trphyhntr

Good News

1 hour ago, Ohthatguy said:

Great news!! Quitting and abandoning your buddies after years of dreams, massive amounts of money spent and hard training is now not only allowed but appreciated and applauded!   

And Rosey went up a whole 16" after all the rains. 

16” that’s a lot of water

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

16” that’s a lot of water

It is and so glad to have it but it's just kind of shocking that all that rain only raised Rosey and the entire Salt System 1%.. Especially when the Tonto end was flowing at over 47,000% of normal and they lowered the output of Saguaro, I was expecting more.  

27 minutes ago, oz31p said:

24days and I’ll be hunting antelope in 5b

Have you found a good one? Biggest antelope I have ever seen was in 5B.  I applied there several times for the archery hunt but finally decided I wanted to hunt rather than build bonus points.

• Like 1

In 37 days, will be taking off on the Voyager out of Seaforth for annual overnight charter.  Last year was a yellowfin and dorado slaughter!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, C.Shoemaker said:

In 37 days, will be taking off on the Voyager out of Seaforth for annual overnight charter.  Last year was a yellowfin and dorado slaughter!

Sounds nice. Maybe I should book a trip about that time 

53 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

It is and so glad to have it but it's just kind of shocking that all that rain only raised Rosey and the entire Salt System 1%.. Especially when the Tonto end was flowing at over 47,000% of normal and they lowered the output of Saguaro, I was expecting more.  

Not intentionally being a D here but most water professionals were shocked to see that 1% from a single monsoon event. That is extremely rare. 

Last week, the Salt River watershed received over half as much water in 4 days as it did in all of the winter runoff for 2021.

Verde and Salt watershed precip is at 279% of normal based on the 6/15 - 9/30 season and if just a reasonable amount of the long-term forecast comes through, it could be Arizona's wettest monsoon on record..

That is GREAT news.

• Like 2

Fantasy football is almost here.

I have a deer tag, and several friends who I plan on helping.

Ex wife still can't balance her check book

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Sounds nice. Maybe I should book a trip about that time 

I’m the charter master.  If we have a cancellation/vacancy, I’ll let you know.

• Like 1

I received a random call Monday from one of our offices in Texas asking me if I'd interview for a job (promotion) in our Regional Office in ABQ.  They pulled my name off the cert list from the last job I interviewed for (couple of months ago) and said they are interested in me.  That's a rarity in the normal hiring process in the Feds and I'm taking that as a good sign for me.  If I get the job, I'd get a promotion and (highly likely) get to stay right here and not move to ABQ (I'll dig my heels in on that one).  Shortly after that call, I was notified of a 120-day detail opportunity with a temporary promotion in another branch I'm very interested in and the hiring supervisor was excited I submitted my resume for the detail.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

36 days till I leave for Alaska for the first time.

I just got back, you are going to love it! Hit me up if you have any questions.

• Like 1