Mountain

Shotgun shells (dove season)

Any one been stocking up on shells for dove season? Very hard to find and at a reasonable price. Wanted to shoot some Clay's to practice but dont want to deplenish what I have left from last year. 

definitely don't practice and yes it is super hard to find. Im saving mine for quail season i don't think id have enough to do both seasons

Between 12 and 20 gauge I have enough for dove and maybe quail depends on how good dove season is but the wife would like to out and bust some clays. I'll keep scouting around

5 hours ago, Mountain said:

Any one been stocking up on shells for dove season? Very hard to find and at a reasonable price. Wanted to shoot some Clay's to practice but dont want to deplenish what I have left from last year. 

I don't know what side of town your on, but the last email I got from Rio Salado about sporting clays, they were selling 5 boxes of shells per 100 rounds of clays. Check your local Wal-Mart as was stated above, I picked up two 100 round boxes a couple of weeks ago.

Walmart in Show Low had a 3 box limit, thought I'd bring a few home with me. Dude rang them up and said thirty something dollars.. I respectfully backed out of the sale and left in disbelief. 

Is 2-3/4" 12 Gauge 7 shot really going for over $10 a box right now, even at Walmart? 

I see the link to Federal above and it was the same box. Crazy.

8 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

Walmart in Show Low had a 3 box limit, thought I'd bring a few home with me. Dude rang them up and said thirty something dollars.. I respectfully backed out of the sale and left in disbelief. 

Is 2-3/4" 12 Gauge 7 shot really going for over $10 a box right now, even at Walmart? 

100 packs are on the cheap

33 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

Yup that unfortunately seems to be the new price... for now anyways. 

Cabelas is 9.99 a box for the same ones but they never have any in stock.

Also with federal after 150 dollars, its free shipping.

1 flat is 109 dollars

Might have to keep your powder dry til you get a coveted crossing 2-fer shot.

Good luck with your hunts (ammo hunting and dove hunting).

C6CBDCBE-1BA3-4C70-B6FA-20DD98D86854.jpeg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HorseHunter said:

Might have to keep your powder dry til you get a coveted crossing 2-fer shot.

Good luck with your hunts (ammo hunting and dove hunting).

C6CBDCBE-1BA3-4C70-B6FA-20DD98D86854.jpeg

Mine was out off of Hawes and Elliot close to 10 years ago. They came in from behind me. I aimed at one and just as I squeezed off the shot the other one shifted it's path and down they both went. Damndest thing I ever saw.

• Like 1

Wow, I had no idea they had gone up that much.  I stocked up with cases of 250 shells when Cabela's used to have them on sale for a little over $5/box.  Glad I did.

• Like 1