Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Hard core round up.

Any one have, or know where to get the 200 proof stuff?? I’ve let my place go to long! I need to kill or cut! And all the cutters in town are sold out. Suppose I shoulda upgraded before the rains. Either way, sprayed tonight, still wanna ruin their up bringing until my new string mower shows up! (Also backordered in town!)

Tractor Supply sells glyphosate 41% in 2.5 gals Farm Works brand.  I think it’s $50 gal when on sale, normally $55. Mix at 2.5-3 oz per gallon. Takes about a week to kill but kills everything dead when actively growing. 

• Like 1

I personally think that actual roundup brand (Bayer) seems to be a little more effective like their powermax and weathermax offerings compared to some of the generics. Supposedly they have a better adjuvant package and most of the generics are around 4lbs active ingredient vs 5.4lbs or something like that for roundup.  We've had a hard time finding it in bulk packaging, but the generics have been available.  Regardless, I would use a good water conditioning agent like AMS and would add a good surfactant as well.

Ortho ground clear is my go to when I can find it, in concentrate and mixed in a sprayer. It kills everything pretty fast.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ortho-GroundClear-Year-Long-Vegetation-Killer-1-Gal-Concentrate-0433610/311484062#overlay

here is the mix

RM 43 mix 2oz per gallon of water  

2,4-D mix 1 oz per gallon 

A few drops of dish soap to act as a surfactant 

As you know the Glyphosate kills everything

The 2,4-D Is a broadleaf herbicide

The dish soap reduces the surface tension to allow it to spread over the leaves uniformly.

to be clear We are talking 3 ounces of chemical per gallon in a backpack sprayer or whatever you’re using.

Also Marker dye (if you choose to use it ) is messy stuff but it’s pretty helpful and seeing where you missed and keeping you from reapplying areas you’ve already done.

As with any of these, they all work best if you mow or weed whack first. Because then the plants are struggling to heal and regrow in the drink that stuff down faster. I’m pretty sure that’s the technical explanation…

Then give it two weeks and they’ll be dead as long as you remember there are 8 ounces in one cup

Of course you can make it stronger but I believe they call that diminishing returns as chemical is not cheap.

as an aside:

The guy gave me that recipe 20 years ago also taught me how to trap gophers. My wife is counting her blessings that I never caught enough to make that coat I promised her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Given the title of this thread and the O P, I was expecting a saucier subject. Thought at last I'd be able to sell my leather chaps here. Essential accessories in any hardcore roundup. 😣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

use this stuff.  I use it all the time on brick pavers and rocks.  takes about 1 to 2 weeks but totally gone and doesn't come back.  looks like it stains a brown color but that washes away .  so strong it will even clear up your back hair and rid you of pesky mother-in-laws

1074456.jpeg

Expensive but if you can find it Milestone.   Kills everything, slow killer but gets way down into the root system and kills it for good.   I know I paid like $130 for a quart last time. 

I use Bayer Oust and Polaris mixed together.  I spray my 2.5acres, and it works for about 2 years.  Kills ANYTHING green.  Trees, bushes, grass, weeds, etc.  So be careful.

I get mine from AZ Spray Equipment.