Sign in to follow this  
eastvalleyjerry

Super Raffle Bull

A 360 bull would only be in one awards book for the 3-year period that it was entered. If you got a 375 bull it would be in the awards book also, but then it would be automatically entered in to the next all-time book which is a different book although both are published by Boone and crockett. The all-time book has trophies going all the way back to the 1930s. The all-time book gets bigger every time it's published.

Had Waldo in camp last year with Tine, I'm sorry this bull looks huge to me, glad I don't lose lots of sleep over he's not big enough, cant eat the horns,  but I also understand mines bigger then yours.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

I think the guy should have been further back in the photo

He's one of the little people......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is still a great bull. Remember some people even in Arizona will never kill a bull this big. I personally would rather kill a hard horned bull than velvet but with a year long tag and waiting to last minute i would kill in velvet.

• Like 2

So if each tine was 1.5 inches longer it would only have to make up 2 more inches in all of the other measures to include width to add 20 more inches to make this a 380 bull if it was dead on the money at 360.... I think it's a very good looking velvet bull which many of us will never get to shoot.

• Like 2

That bull is bigger than anything I’ve killed, I may have blown an opp. or two on  one it’s equal or better , but that’s pure speculation as they never hit the ground.  If that little guys happy with it, it’s all good!   I hunt for the the pleasure and the meat, antlers are a by product.    There is a reason I’ll not post pics  of hunts.  People are too judgey behind keyboards. His tag, his hunt.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

That bull is bigger than anything I’ve killed, I may have blown an opp. or two on  one it’s equal or better l , but that’s pure speculation as they never hit the ground.  If that little guys happy with it, it’s all good!   I hunt for the the pleasure and the meat, antlers are a by product.    There is a reason I’ll not post pics  of hunts.  People are too judgey behind keyboards. His tag, his hunt.

Same. 
I’d hate to hear all the smack from the spikes ans forks we kill

17 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Same. 
I’d hate to hear all the smack from the spikes ans forks we kill

Guilty.... heck I’m happy with a cow tag .  And I can’t draw one of those!

• Haha 1

Who is hating on this bull? For the record I think it is a great bull and would be proud of it as well. I just posted it because I thought people would want to see it as it is one of the first bulls I have seen taken this season. I always enjoy seeing success stories and wish everybody the best of luck this year.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, eastvalleyjerry said:

Who is hating on this bull? For the record I think it is a great bull and would be proud of it as well. I just posted it because I thought people would want to see it as it is one of the first bulls I have seen taken this season. I always enjoy seeing success stories and wish everybody the best of luck this year.

I don't think anyone was hating on it. It is just that anytime anyone comments or asks questions about a bull or buck antlers, the "you can't eat the horns" guys come out of the woodwork to let you know what an evolved (dare I say "woke") hunter they are. Congrats to the hunter, I am sure he is happy with this bull. He should be if it met his goals for the hunt.

If I drew the once in 10,000+ hunter's lifetime statewide year long raffle tag (since I won't be buying an auction tag anytime soon), I'd be taking it up to the last day holding out for a 400"+ bull, especially if I had hired one of the big outfitters in the state. For the amount of money he likely spent, he could have bought a whole lot of beef. So I don't buy the "can't eat the antlers" argument in these (or most any) situation.

Regardless, it doesn't mean the rest of us can't or shouldn't be able to discuss it. I think the size of this bull makes for interesting conversation about the current droughted state of our wildlife, raffle and auctions tags, etc. 

• Like 6