Sign in to follow this  
azhunter42

Car transport

I have a 1971 cj5 that I need towed from Colorado back to Arizona. I figured I can do it with my truck and rent a uhual car transport.         Just weighing out the cost on both. Anyone know of transport? 

24 minutes ago, azhunter42 said:

I have a 1971 cj5 that I need towed from Colorado back to Arizona. I figured I can do it with my truck and rent a uhual car transport.         Just weighing out the cost on both. Anyone know of transport? 

Call Chris Rollins 480-221-3384

37 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Go talk to your local dealership. They’ll know several transport people and might be able to put yours on the same trailer if it’s going to az

Good idea 

Uship "can" be a great deal. If it runs and drives and you are flexible on the times/dates, someone will use it as a filler and do it fairly cheap. If you are on a tight schedule, I'd look elsewhere. 

30 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

Uship "can" be a great deal. If it runs and drives and you are flexible on the times/dates, someone will use it as a filler and do it fairly cheap. If you are on a tight schedule, I'd look elsewhere. 

It runs and drives but almost 1k miles one way is alot to put on that Ole jeep. 

55 minutes ago, azhunter42 said:

It runs and drives but almost 1k miles one way is alot to put on that Ole jeep. 

Sorry, I should have clarified. As long as they can drive it up on or into a trailer, it makes it quick and easy for them to load.

2 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

Sorry, I should have clarified. As long as they can drive it up on or into a trailer, it makes it quick and easy for them to load.

That makes more sense lol 

37 minutes ago, HyNoon said:

Is a  tow bar an option?  

Only way I can do it is a car hauler like the ones from uhual. Tires are not in the best condition to use a dolly or tow bar.  

O ok gotcha, I was curious if the tires would make it as well ... same as my old jeep.

I think a trailer rental from uhaul might be the cheapest route if you are able to do it.

What part of AZ do you need to get it to and what part of Colorado is it in? You can reply in a pm if you don't want it public.

2 hours ago, HyNoon said:

O ok gotcha, I was curious if the tires would make it as well ... same as my old jeep.

I think a trailer rental from uhaul might be the cheapest route if you are able to do it.

What part of AZ do you need to get it to and what part of Colorado is it in? You can reply in a pm if you don't want it public.

Uhual has two options. One way from Fort Collins to Glendale is 450.00. Or I can rent the same auto transport here and haul it empty to Colorado for 54 a day which is heck of alot cheaper. My second option is what I am leanings towards. 

Ya 54 a day isn't too bad if you are making a trip and you can pull a trailer both ways I think that's a very reasonable option.