Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Non Covid bug going around

Yup, kid brought it home from school last Friday and it spread to the rest of us pretty quick.  Mostly sinus pressure, coughing and fatigue.  We all tested negative but it took a while to clear up so kids missed school all week.  Dr. Gave my kid a steroid to help him get over it sooner.  Said it wasn’t bacterial so no antibiotics.  Typically the phlegmy cough last a couple weeks for me.  Just glad it’s not Covid

• Like 3

We all had it. No body aches or fevers, tested negative for C19. Took us 2 weeks to shake the cough.

the wife and i had confirmed cases of covid in jan-feb... right around javelina. lol (seriously had it, but timing worked great).

I had a sore stiff back for a weekend, then lost my staste for 5 weeks or so.  Other than that i was fine, just stuck watching cartoons for two weeks ha ha. She was knocked out.  She was bed ridden for a solid week. couldnt break a fever felt miserable... then a week later back to normal all the way around for her.

this current bug. her boss had it, she brought it home from work. and now the boy has it.  sinus pressure and pain and just drained.  not covid

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 6:32 PM, trphyhntr said:

Don’t knock it till you try it 

Nothing wrong with a little sheep now and then

I’ve had somethin nasty since friday. Lungs are absolutely full of what looks like banana pudding. I’ve had Covid and it isn’t that. Been sick as heck though

• Like 1

my wife and i going through it....wtf.  Same symptons as everyone.  im 10 days into it and so is wife.  Tons of flem, few days headache.  

We are vaccinated and also took covid tests and negative.  Chit just wont go away

50 minutes ago, Adicted said:

my wife and i going through it....wtf.  Same symptons as everyone.  im 10 days into it and so is wife.  Tons of flem, few days headache.  

We are vaccinated and also took covid tests and negative.  Chit just wont go away

Wait a few days and test again, some are coming back positive days later.  

My family was super sick, then daughter got covid the same time. We all tested friday and all the family except my daughter were negative. So i dont know what it was but my boy had a fever of 108 thank God it came down quick.  

• Wow! 1

Yeah I'm still not over it. I'm going to try power drinking to push it out, 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, n2horns said:

Wait a few days and test again, some are coming back positive days later.  

Both just tested.  Negative again

14 minutes ago, Adicted said:

Both just tested.  Negative again

dang, you mean the regular old flu bug is here and live and well? hmmm cold/flu bug probably, I aint no doctor but spent plenty of time at at motel 6.

• Like 1

I did about three weeks ago. Basically a cold that lasted a couple of days with a mild cough that went away in about 10 days. Went and got tested so I wouldn't miss to much work, PCR and the quick test, both negative. I haven't done any social distancing, masking or vaxxing since this nonsense started and this was the first time I've been sick in years. Wonder if maybe since the vax no longer works maybe the covid tests are having issues with all the new covid strains.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1