CDjunkie

Savage 110 ultralight 28 nosler

Hey all, I'm trying to shoot the 195 Bergers. Barrel is a 1:8.4 twist. Has anyone shot the 195s with H1000 with this rifle or used H1000 for the 28? I got plenty of H1000 since I can't find RL33 or NV570. The max coal length I can put in the mag is 3.499 (not a fan of the cheap magazine). Thanks

I was able to trade my H1000 for some RL 33 and now I have a 1.1" group at 300 yards shooting the 195s.

I'm at 2970. I know I could push it more but I stopped for now with that group I got. My coal is 3.499 just barely fits in that mag. That 195 worked good on my antelope last month. So far I'm happy with it besides the mag. I also put a gen 3 little bastard brake on it. 

IMG_20210904_132724065.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

I'm working on loads for my 28 Nosler too. I can't find any RL33 so I'm using also H1000. I have no magazine problem on mine, I have the Browning Hells Canyon with a 1:8 twist. I started with a COAL of 3.500

I started with 76.5 grains and getting an average of 2965 fps.  with a SD of 8 and a ES of 20. Had 4 shots at 1/2" but for some reason my 5th shot was like 3" low.

Then I tried the 77 grains of powder at the same COAL and got an average of 3020 fps with a SD of 12 and ES of 26. Got 4 shots at one inch 2 shots at 1/2" and the next 2 at 1/2" also but separate one inch between them and the 5th shot way low.

A good friend told you must send that scope to be checked out, there's something wrong with that scope and I'm glad I listened to him...he was right!

So right now I have other loads here at  differen COAL's but same powder charge (77 grains) I'm wating for a day off and a cooler weather to go out and try them to see at what lengt I'll shoot better groups....to be continue... :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ernesto C said:

I'm working on loads for my 28 Nosler too. I can't find any RL33 so I'm using also H1000. I have no magazine problem on mine, I have the Browning Hells Canyon with a 1:8 twist. I started with a COAL of 3.500

I started with 76.5 grains and getting an average of 2965 fps.  with a SD of 8 and a ES of 20. Had 4 shots at 1/2" but for some reason my 5th shot was like 3" low.

Then I tried the 77 grains of powder at the same COAL and got an average of 3020 fps with a SD of 12 and ES of 26. Got 4 shots at one inch 2 shots at 1/2" and the next 2 at 1/2" also but separate one inch between them and the 5th shot way low.

A good friend told you must send that scope to be checked out, there's something wrong with that scope and I'm glad I listened to him...he was right!

So right now I have other loads here at  differen COAL's but same powder charge (77 grains) I'm wating for a day off and a cooler weather to go out and try them to see at what lengt I'll shoot better groups....to be continue... :)

Which model Vortex were you using?

• Haha 1