Crazymonkey

Just hanging a stand

I was in west a few years ago when my son had a tag. We seen lots of old whole dead deer.  Not sure what that's about. When we left and hit the check station on our way out they kind of stuck there noses up about 2 small dead heads that the boys picked up. Just little bucks and they were chalk. My 3 sons are not children anymore.  

Sounds right, dogs tar them apart and leave in the open,lions eat and store for later, mostly intact I've found.  Not a biologists..

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 5:57 AM, Crazymonkey said:

Found this guy hanging a stand in kibab a few years back .it was the whole deer not sure what got him .any ideas on score I can take more pics if needed

0822191418-1.jpg

Assuming that’s a ladder stand leg behind you I would say:

18” beams

2” g1

12” g2

4” g3

5” g3

give him 24” inside spread and 13” mass each side puts him at 132” . I feel that’s conservative with one pic so I say 138”

8 minutes ago, Markleo21377 said:

Assuming that’s a ladder stand leg behind you I would say:

18” beams

2” g1

12” g2

4” g3

5” g3

give him 24” inside spread and 13” mass each side puts him at 132” . I feel that’s conservative with one pic so I say 138”

Yep its my buddy's ladder stand.I've never measured a deer as I've only had 1 that I've hit with my bow at 18 yds in the shoulder and we didn't find him 4 of us looked for hours and just a drop .my buddy was down the draw and said it sounded like I hit him with a baseball bat .next time ill need to aim 2 ribs back and I already went to a fixed broadhead

• Like 1

Those antlers being that color with those darker stain purple spots means that he died still in the velvet = archery hunter did not find his buck.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sneaker said:

Those antlers being that color with those darker stain purple spots means that he died still in the velvet = archery hunter did not find his buck.

LION KILL!!!

People always say that about the nose and lion kills but it’s the most fragile part. Any coyote could cause that post Mortem

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, oz31p said:

People always say that about the nose and lion kills but it’s the most fragile part. Any coyote could cause that post Mortem

Or a skunk, bear, bobcat, bigfoot,,,,

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I agree. If you’ve ever used a pressure washer to clean a mule deer skull, the nose is a lot more fragile than a whitetail.