Crazymonkey

New to long range

It sounds like you're really trying to dial that rifle in which is a good thing. Personally I would be a little concerned about dialing in with the magneto speed that hangs on the end of your barrel.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

That leads to next question .lab radar or magneto speed ?I have no experience with lab radar but my buddy has a magneto speed and I've used it once .I'm in the market for a chronograph any tips or pros and cons.

The Lab radar by 10 fold.    The magneto is great if you just want to shoot it once or twice to check speed.    The issue with the Magneto is that it touches your barrel so you can't do load development with that chrono.   The lab radar doesn't touch your gun so you can always shoot it during load development.   

I've used the magneto to find my max really quick by just dumping rounds into the ground and checking my speed and pressures.   It will affect your accuracy when you use it.   

For a range trip, you should only be changing one variable at a time.

Powder charge weight

Seating depth

Primer

Neck tension

Never powder charge AND seating depth in the same trip.

And Labradar 100%.  Not cheap, but doesn't effect your POI or accuracy by hanging anything off the barrel.  Easy, fast, accurate.

So much to learn.I did figure that the gun seems to run best at the .05 off the lands that barns recommend and didn't like the .025 at a time barns recommend after that and it absolutely hates hornady.maybe I can talk the wife into a early Christmas / birthday present and get the lab radar.with only a few weeks till my hunt with dad I'm going to keep my shots to 100 yards for now and ill see what it does if I run it out to 200 at the range .

There is someone making a device that eliminates the magnetospeed from hanging on your barrel.

I cant remember who it is, but you can search for it I'm sure. 

14 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

So much to learn.I did figure that the gun seems to run best at the .05 off the lands that barns recommend and didn't like the .025 at a time barns recommend after that and it absolutely hates hornady.maybe I can talk the wife into a early Christmas / birthday present and get the lab radar.with only a few weeks till my hunt with dad I'm going to keep my shots to 100 yards for now and ill see what it does if I run it out to 200 at the range .

Sight your gun in for 200 yards.   You will basically have a gun that you can point and shoot out to 250 yards and kill an animal.   No need to over think this.   

Bullets are built and the gun is shooting sub 1/2 moa at 100 yds and grouping good out to 200 .we are 2 weeks till hunting. I was due to meet my dad on the 8th for a week and I get a message that my grandma passed on Thursday.So hunting is on hold and ill be out for a funeral instead.I wish I could honesty say I wish I could live to be 95 like her but I could see how she felt about it when we talked last and every single person she knew was gone and she was Lonley .she will be missed but she is no longer Lonley. 

Love you grandma!!

On 10/25/2021 at 4:43 PM, Crazymonkey said:

Bullets are built and the gun is shooting sub 1/2 moa at 100 yds and grouping good out to 200 .we are 2 weeks till hunting. I was due to meet my dad on the 8th for a week and I get a message that my grandma passed on Thursday.So hunting is on hold and ill be out for a funeral instead.I wish I could honesty say I wish I could live to be 95 like her but I could see how she felt about it when we talked last and every single person she knew was gone and she was Lonley .she will be missed but she is no longer Lonley. 

Love you grandma!!

Sorry for your loss. 

• Thanks 1