Big Browns

2021 Wyoming Antelope

P and Y or homestead WY

Flucs capacitor :)  need to do that trip!  Good luck and get em!!!

The smoke from California made for a really cool sunrise.

20210817_063947.jpg

• Like 5

I'm in the middle of a big job and wont be able to make the opener for archery deer this Friday, so, keep the updates coming.  You'll get one.

Sorry guys, 2 flat tires and a lost release has ended the hunt.  It sucks, but valuable lessons learned.  

Biggest lessons learned!  keep your release in your pocket, ensure you have tire plugs with a pump and NEVER hunt Unit 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We also found out there was a large winter kill this year that SEVERELY reduced the population.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

This was my 5th trip to Wyoming.  Amazing place!!!!!  We definitely didn't expect the unit to be severely depleted of Antelope.  In this unit we were extremely lucky to get one or two stalks a day.  That's TERRIBLE compared to most other units where you can typically get 5-10 stalks a day.  

We still had fun and saw some incredible country.  Till next time Wyoming;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Browns said:

Sorry guys, 2 flat tires and a lost release has ended the hunt.  It sucks, but valuable lessons learned.  

Biggest lessons learned!  keep your release in your pocket, ensure you have tire plugs with a pump and NEVER hunt Unit 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We also found out there was a large winter kill this year that SEVERELY reduced the population.

Oh ya. Alway strap a release to your bow or to your wrist. 

that still sucks 

• Like 1

Adam, sucks to lose a release, but 2 flat tires, shitt, that sucks worse than NBC airing the olympics.  At least you had an experience of going and hunting, I am sitting here reading your hunt while I am working.  Safe travels home. Andrew

• Like 1

Its all about getting out there and seeing great stuff in the woods at least you got to hunt like others I'm at work wishing to hunt .if you got to see great country and brought your family with you to enjoy the sights and time away your already a head its about family and the experience.the taking of an animal is always a plus

• Like 2

That sucks!  backup release is a must with me.  There was an elk hunt that I hiked 1/4 mile before I realized I left my release sitting next to the tree I was resting at.  We backtracked using the GPS and luckily found it.  From that day, I have never went bowhunting without a backup release.  Hopefully next year, you get some redemption. 

2 hours ago, Big Browns said:

Oof

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Browns said:

You and tires. Bet you had your wrench..

• Like 1