Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Why we need Trail Cams

The rabbit and a fawn or calf have a similar sequence when they are in distress, it looks like it set off the does natural instinct to protect her young. 

This video reminds me of a trip a friend and I made up on the rim calling for lions using a fawn in distress through an open reed call I see a very large cow elk haling tail straight for me after I finished a calling  sequence and she stops about 10 yards away stomping her  feet for at least 4/5 minutes looking for the calf in distress. Thanks to good camo and nerves of steel I sat frozen until she turned and left us, my buddy shoot his pants.

Those girls are very protective of their young.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GJMauro12 said:

How will we ever prove Sasquatch exists if we ban trail cameras? 

He exists. I was married to his daughters daughter.

• Haha 1

Not really all that surprising to me.

Their friendship (deer and rabbit) goes back a ways and is well documented.  

bambii.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Maybe kids and antis wouldn't think deer are so cute, fragile and sweet if they showed Faline stomping old Friend Owl to death. Even if it was to save lil' Thumper. 

Happy accident or irony, either way its funny that you used a pic from the scene where Thumper is teaching him the word "BIRD".. 

4 hours ago, HorseHunter said:

Their friendship (deer and rabbit) goes back a ways and is well documented.  

bambii.png

18 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

Maybe kids and antis wouldn't think deer are so cute, fragile and sweet if they showed Faline stomping old Friend Owl to death. Even if it was to save lil' Thumper. 

Happy accident or irony, either way its funny that you used a pic from the scene where Thumper is teaching him the word "BIRD".. 

Unfortunately, happy accident I picked that scene but kudos to you for your encyclopedic knowledge cinematic history. Truth be told I googled deer and rabbit pics and that one came up. I did however have a vague recollection of a pic like that one although the details of the movie are lost to me. Other than Bambii's mom gets it in the end which may seem like fuel to the anti's but it represents numerous family meals to me. 

I have never understood the other side's desire to live in a sanitary world where they outsource the hunting and gathering it takes to survive then complain about cow farts, chicken confinement, and fertilizer runoff.

Also, looks like that doe did not get the memo that owls are federally protected....

Nature is awesome!     

• Like 1