Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

New Mexico Antelope 2021!!! Best year for me yet!

This is my biggest one and for my hunting partner!  We both got it done 

IMG-4252.thumb.jpg.55e3838dc0611ea902630f4dd32525c8.jpg

I spotted a buck 2200 yards out and made the stock.  He looked like he was on the property according to.  My spotter watched on a high hill.  Once I got to within 500 yard.  I looked on OnX and he is clearly on State Land.  I radioed back to my partner and told him.  He said what about the buck bedded down 700 yards to my left.  I ranged him and said its more like 900 yards.  But looked on OnX and said oh yeah he is on property.  He said can you stalk him.  It was so flat and not a stupid bush.  Nor was I going to take a shot with 5 mph winds at 900.  Plus if I got prone he disappears.  Only option was to walk strait to him.  I got to 450 yards.  While bedded down he had no idea I got that close up to him.  Once they see you In New Mexcio a 1,000 yards out they bust out of there.  No Joke!!!  I couldn't go prone.  It was a slight hill and grass.  But sitting on my knees with the bipod all the way extend at 450 yards my shot punched him and he took 3 steps back wards and fell over.  

IMG-4256.thumb.jpg.3e8cabd2c2eaa708013ebdfdfd1e0d47.jpg  

IMG-4249.thumb.jpg.9a73f1a12b24a36b86fcb145dd297b22.jpg 

My buddy long story short he missed this buck at 150 yards.  Lol!  He got to a prone position and at 600 yard and he started to prance off and led him 4ft and center punched him.  The best part he dropped like a sack of rocks into the grass and disappeared.  Like the earth just swallowed him up  

IMG-1203.thumb.jpg.f1b3da8474af363d65391b41d5c580d1.jpg

IMG-1202.thumb.jpg.c443821d8b90edae321cd80ee003ecee.jpg

• Like 24
  • Love 3
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 3

Nice bucks and thanks for sharing your success!

That last trophy photo of your buddy is excellent.

The lighting from the sunset, the antelope pose, his smile that captures the moment, photo shot from a low angle, just great.

Congrats to the both of you.

• Like 1

It was an EPIC opening day!  So happy to see Brandon and Kyle kill a couple stud bucks.

Watching these guys chase bucks from 3+ miles away was awesome.  And it shows how these animals head out of Dodge when someone gets "too close for comfort".  Some that probably didn't even get seen by the hunters.

A double on opening day is amazing.

Just now, lancetkenyon said:

It was an EPIC opening day!  So happy to see Brandon and Kyle kill a couple stud bucks.

Watching these guys chase bucks from 3+ miles away was awesome.  And it shows how these animals head out of Dodge when someone gets "too close for comfort".  Some that probably didn't even get seen by the hunters.

A double on opening day is amazing....and then....

To be continued....

Yeah we never met up and talked about it.  Where did you see us 3 miles away at?  I only saw your trucks.  And can't wait for your story

17 minutes ago, Zeke-BE said:

Yeah we never met up and talked about it.  Where did you see us 3 miles away at?  I only saw your trucks.  And can't wait for your story

We watched "the rodeo" from up top.  

Nice bucks congrats..

Very Nice! Those are some great bucks and pics! I'm really digging the matching kickers on your buck. Heck yea you got yourself a SWEET nontypical right there!!!

Way to go, Brandon!!!   I had heard through Lance that it was quite a day. ;)   

My son and I are heading-up there  again on Thursday.   Can't wait!!

S.

• Like 2