Sign in to follow this  
Bustnhearts692

Anyone willing to share info about unit 33.

36 minutes ago, Bustnhearts692 said:

Yes nov 5th. Been focusing on Oracle side  of Lemmon. 

That is a good area. I would walk the higher areas near Peppersauce.

one thing that is very important for a new to unit 33 hunter to be aware of is knowing how many hunts and hunters there are and will be in the area you are planning to hunt.

for your hunt, there will be 3 rifle hunts prior to your hunt.  a youth rifle hunt and two Oct general rifle hunts.  more than likely, lots of other hunters will have been in the area you are scouting and possibly pushed the deer out.  it all depends on who was drawn and where they hunt.  Sometimes areas get very little pressure and sometimes they get pounded, it just depends.

If there is an area you are considering hunting in Nov you might want to go out during the two Oct hunts to see how many other hunters have hit the area you are planning on hunting.

It can be frustrating to find lots of bucks during preseason scouting, only to return in Nov and not be able to find them because they have already been hunted.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Bustnhearts692 said:

Exchange unit 33 info for northern AZ info? 
intrested in hunting 33.  

thanks. 

What unit up north we talking about? When is your hunt in 33? 
I got the early Oct 15-21 hunt in 33. You looking for meat bucks or Boone & Crocket?

54 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

What unit up north we talking about? When is your hunt in 33? 
I got the early Oct 15-21 hunt in 33. You looking for meat bucks or Boone & Crocket?

Unit 7,11m 6B. 
I have killed couple from northern units. Never topped 100 yet but close. So I’ll hold for decent buck. 

1 hour ago, SunDevil said:

one thing that is very important for a new to unit 33 hunter to be aware of is knowing how many hunts and hunters there are and will be in the area you are planning to hunt.

for your hunt, there will be 3 rifle hunts prior to your hunt.  a youth rifle hunt and two Oct general rifle hunts.  more than likely, lots of other hunters will have been in the area you are scouting and possibly pushed the deer out.  it all depends on who was drawn and where they hunt.  Sometimes areas get very little pressure and sometimes they get pounded, it just depends.

If there is an area you are considering hunting in Nov you might want to go out during the two Oct hunts to see how many other hunters have hit the area you are planning on hunting.

It can be frustrating to find lots of bucks during preseason scouting, only to return in Nov and not be able to find them because they have already been hunted.

Yeah I understand that. That’s part of public hunting right now just trying to locate deer so hopefully they will still be in area in nov. or have a few spots to check come nov. I’ll be hitting the brush hard next couple months to locate deer. 

1 hour ago, Bustnhearts692 said:

Unit 7,11m 6B. 
I have killed couple from northern units. Never topped 100 yet but close. So I’ll hold for decent buck. 

Well I’ll let you know what I come across. I always hunt the front side of Mt Lemmon/Redington.

May reach out to you, my two kids have the JR elk hunt 5BS/6A Oct 8-14.

New here. Just moved to this great state from California via Idaho. Never hunted the Grey ghost in 33.  I have the muzzleloader tag. What are your thought on lemmon canyon?

Honestly, 33 is a great unit because there are tons of deer. You really can't pick a bad place. You should be able to find deer everywhere in the unit. Don't be afraid to move to different areas if you don't see what you like. It's really that simple. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Well I’ll let you know what I come across. I always hunt the front side of Mt Lemmon/Redington.

May reach out to you, my two kids have the JR elk hunt 5BS/6A Oct 8-14.

Do you have 33 tag this year? Have hunted both units you mentioned. Just let me know. Thanks 

Well you are in luck this year. There will definitely be less huntin pressure this year since the tags were cut in half. The Big Horn Fire burn will be an advantage to you as well. Focus on newly burned areas since coues like these spots and within a mile or so from any spring or water source which wont be hard to find this year. I'm assuming your huntin coues deer not mule. Glass Glass Glass and good luck. This is a prime unit and with less tags out there this year you have way better odds 

On 9/27/2021 at 6:08 AM, Mountain said:

Well you are in luck this year. There will definitely be less huntin pressure this year since the tags were cut in half. The Big Horn Fire burn will be an advantage to you as well. Focus on newly burned areas since coues like these spots and within a mile or so from any spring or water source which wont be hard to find this year. I'm assuming your huntin coues deer not mule. Glass Glass Glass and good luck. This is a prime unit and with less tags out there this year you have way better odds 

Very interesting.. Thank you for that advice.  I have the muzzy tag in there.